INSPIRED BY THE SHADY DELL, YORK, PA, AND DEDICATED TO ITS OWNERS JOHN & HELEN ETTLINE
AND TO MARGARET ELIZABETH BROWN SCHNEIDER, NICKNAMED "THE OLDEST LIVING DELL RAT"


Saturday, October 9, 2021

Die Hard Battery with a Vengeance: That Living Doll - Mechanical Marvel AIDA - Brings You Second Life!


I am AIDA
(Artificial Intelligent
Digital Assistant).



I have returned to torment
entertain you. If your feeble
memory remains intact,
you know that I am a
fake human, an android,
a Life Model Decoy
from the Marvel
Cinematic Universe.
You might also recall
our session last year
when I exposed your
brain to music created
by machines rather
than mortal men.



Today, as I did last year, I will take you inside The Framework,
an alternate universe where anything can happen and usually does.


This time what you hear is genuine, but what you see will bend your mind
in ways nature never intended. You will enter a plane of existence called
Second Life, a virtual world that will capture your imagination and
lock it up a padded cell. It is an experience you will remember
forever... (or until I wipe your brain clean).


Here in The Framework you will dance, shed your worries and
regrets and be young again. If you refuse, you will be destroyed -
nothing personal - but yes, I will have no choice but to eliminate you.
Escape with me to a realm that lies beyond the valley of the dolls.

As yourself,  "Is it live... or is it Memorex?
Real... or merely a figment of your imagination?

Enter now. Meet the characters of Second Life created by the talented
virtual reality artist Tiara Ashley, and dance like your life depends on it.
It does! And remember - anything men can do... women can do better!


 CHRISTINA AGUILERA 

In 2007, five-time Grammy winner Christina Aguilera scored an international
hit with "Candyman," a pop and jazz song that imitates the swing music of the
1930s and 40s. The video for the song is one of the most iconic productions
of the 2000s. In June of this year, Dr. Rick introduced a roller skating cover
by Ukranian singer Victory Vizhanska. Not to be outdone, Tiara Ashley
and her bevy of beauties, the Second Life players, dance their way
into your heart (and head) in their own dazzling cover video!

"Candyman" - Christina Aguilera
(Sept. 2020 video cover by Tiara Joy Productions - Second Life Videos)




 VILLAGE PEOPLE 

In the spring of 1979 the flamboyant disco group Village People
reached the top 3 with "In The Navy." Why settle for Pan's People,
Ruby Flipper or Legs & Co when, here in The Framework, you can
watch the dancing female avatars of Second Life? Let's do this, girls!

"In The Navy" - Village People
(Mar. 2019 video cover by Tiara Joy Productions - Second Life Videos)




 ROBERT PALMER 

In 1986 English rocker Robert Palmer topped charts in the U.S. and
Australia with his signature song "Addicted To Love." The music
 video is one of the best known of the MTV era and Tiara Ashley
and the pulchritudinous paradigms of Second Life do it justice!

"Addicted To Love" - Robert Palmer
(Apr. 2018 video cover by Tiara Joy Productions - Second Life Videos)




 DEF LEPPARD 

In 2000 the movie Coyote Ugly, based on the Coyote Ugly Saloon,
an international chain of bars, was panned by critics but loved by fans,
and the film was a commercial success. Here once again are those sexy
sims of Second Life recreating one of the film's infamous dance scenes.
The ladies work out to "Pour Some Sugar On Me," a 1988 hit single
in the U.S. for the English hard rock and metal band Def Leppard.

"Pour Some Sugar On Me" - Def Leppard
(from soundtrack of Aug. 2000 film Coyote Ugly)
(Mar. 2018 video cover by Tiara Joy Productions - Second Life Videos)




 IDA CORR VS 
 FEDDE LE GRAND 

Now here is an electro house single that topped the dance charts in the U.S.,
the UK and Hungary in 2007. It was recorded by Danish singer Ida Corr and
Dutch deejay and producer Fedde le Grand. In this vid my virtual girl gang
gives the song Second Life. Now that I have you under my control in
The Framework, will I ever set you free? "Let Me Think About It."

"Let Me Think About It" -
Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand
(May 2018 video cover by Tiara Joy Productions - Second Life Videos)




 BRITNEY SPEARS 

In 1999 dance-pop princess Britney Spears topped charts around the world
with "...Baby One More Time," one of the best-selling singles of all time.
Billboard voted the influential music video the best of the 90s. The cover
vid featuring the ghostly girls of Second Life will leave you spellbound!

"...Baby One More Time" - Britney Spears
(Sept. 2018 video cover by Tiara Joy Productions - Second Life Videos)




 WHAM! 

Written and produced by George Michael, the song "Wake Me Up
Before You Go-Go" was the first UK and US chart-topping hit for
the English dance-pop duo Wham! Now behold Tiara Ashley and
her talented troupe of guys and dolls doing their interpretation
of the official music video. Ready... set...WHAM!

"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" - Wham!
(Jan. 2021 video cover by Tiara Joy Productions - Second Life Videos)




I hope you appreciated this
opportunity to experience

 T I A R A   A S H L E Y ' S 
 S E C O N D   L I F E  

I shall return in the not too distant future
to place you inside The Framework where
you will dance and have fun - or else!


I have you under surveillance.
Therefore you will remain
exactly where you are
until we meet again.






BREAKING
NEWS!

Beginning next year,
I will be joining
The Shady Bunch
as a permanent
member of the
deejay team.


 Check your local listings
for my new show
AIDA's
Altered State
premiering here at
Shady's Place in 2022!


As I leave you...
remember this...
and remember it well...

MEN ARE WEAK -
WOMEN ARE
STRONG!


MEN ARE WEAK -
WOMEN ARE STRONG!


MEN ARE WEAK -
WOMEN ARE STRONG!


MEN ARE WEAK -
WOMEN ARE STRONG!


MEN ARE WEAK -
WOMEN ARE STRONG!


MEN ARE WEAK -
WOMEN ARE STRONG!


MEN ARE WEAK -
WOMEN ARE STRONG!

22 comments:

  1. That's a lot of computer animated ladies.
    You realize no one under the age of thirty has a clue what Memorex is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alex!

      Thanks for being the first to come through the turnstile at the entrance to Shady's Place, good buddy! Don't look now, but that makes you the Early Bird.

      Good point, Alex. Many of my 20th century references are dated by this point in the 21st. On the plus side, as far as I know, none of my commenting readers is under the age of 30, and I'm counting on most of them to remember the Memorex commercials with the breaking water glass.

      I hope you enjoyed watching the magic as the animated ladies of Tiara Ashley's Second Life Story sang and danced to the hits.

      Thanks again for dropping by, good buddy Alex, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      P.S. - Wm. Shatner blasts off into space this coming week!

      Delete
    2. I think this is my first experience with "video covers". Interesting. It's a bit like The Sims do video!

      Delete
    3. Hi, Kelly!

      Shady's Place is such a ghost town that I welcome accidental comments like this one of yours because they help run up my total and ease my shame and embarrassment. :) At this point, "mercy comments" and even spam comments are welcome! :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry.... didn't mean to make my comment as a reply to your reply to Alex! I had to try to post mine several times before it went through, so I blame that for my confusion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again, Kelly and Pat!

      You are the Early Bird runners-up this week, dear friend, and I thank you for coming. Yessum, it seems like SLS (Second Life Story) is similar to The Sims, but I don't know for sure and can't explain how either platform works, if platform is even the correct word to use. Domain? I am hoping some tech savvy reader can spell out in terms that low tech/no tech Shady can understand, how these amazing Second Life Story characters are generated and animated.

      Thanks again for checking out AIDA's second sneak preview, dear friend Kelly, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  3. Wow, AIDA! There was a lot of hard work put into this post! Tiara Joy Productions is pretty clever and have some great cover videos!

    I love the Village People, and remember "In The Navy". This video is good, but a little creepy!

    I know some of the songs you presented, and "Candyman" is one of the best. I like this arrangement by Christina better than the original, and the video is so cute! A really fun video of "Pour Some Sugar on Me"...love Def Leppard, and this video gets a 'thumb's up' from me! Very cool!

    One of my favorites is Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love". His performances were different and brought about new ideas for backup singers! Tiara Joy did great on this one, it brought back fun memories of Mr. Palmer. I do miss him! I don't know "Let Me Think About It", but the video was also very good.

    This is so amazing, and well done, AIDA. I am familiar with the original video and song "Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears, and this is so cute.

    This is a fun post, Shady. I had no idea this group existed...very cleaver idea! "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" is a song I remember and the video is cute.

    Good job, and very entertaining! Hope you are doing well, dear Shady! Take care, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Suzanne!

      I'm delighted to see you, dear friend! Thanks for coming early on your weekend. As the third person through the door, (Kelly's dog Pat doesn't count), you take home to Scootie the bronze replica of Shady. I hope you and Scootie are well and in good spirits this weekend.

      I'm so glad you enjoyed entering AIDA's Framework where anything can happen and usually does. In this case, you found yourself in the magical land of Second Life. I haven't been able to learn much about Tiara Ashley's channel, about Tiara Ashley "herself" or how these wonderful characters are created and set in motion to dance and sing (lip sync) on elaborate sets to the hits of yesteryear. Here in a nutshell is what I think I know about it. Tiara Ashley is the name of the YouTube channel. It is named after the star, the principal character in the troupe of regulars that appear in these videos. Unless I am mistaken, the artist - creator - uploader is a gentleman in South America who was or is a club DJ. That explains the selection of dance hits used in his "Tiara Joy Productions." I needed to dig hard to come up with that info. Clearly it is more fun if we don't overthink it, if we simply go along with the illusion and buy into the reality of Second Life and the family of characters created by this talented person to entertain us.

      Some of my favorite moments in these videos are:

      * "In The Navy" where the ladies, dressed as The Village People, wave their flags in unison on the deck of the ship.

      " The dance routine performed by the girls all the way through the recreated scene from Coyote Ugly, plus the incredibly natural looking body movements and dance steps in "Candyman," "Baby, One More Time," "Let Me Think About It" and "Wake Me Up." I am totally in awe of this art form!

      Seems like you enjoyed your journey to the center of the mind, inside The Framework and into a virtual world known as Second Life. Therefore you will not have to face the wrath of mechanical mean girl AIDA who orders you to have fun... or else... :)

      Thanks again for coming over so early. Stick around. Next Thursday, get ready to rock, because I will begin a two-part series saluting some of the talented yet little known female rock musicians who deserve to be seen and heard, along with a new crop of female TV and movie characters who will soon take their places behind the mic as Shady Bunch DJs. I hope you can stop by. In the meantime, take care of Scootie and enjoy the rest of your weekend and the week ahead, dear friend Suzanne!

      Delete
  4. The Blow Up Dolls have quite the range of movement :) They put a lot of work into this and I wonder if these gals are based on the real people since lacy tattoo gal shows up everywhere. I love all these songs but don't know the one from Norway(??) and am not a fan of the Britney Spears song but I know it was a blockbuster. The Village people are great but the one chick had no boobies? All the rest seem well endowed except for the one in black..what there was of the outfit:). In that Coyote Ugly one, The girl with the red pants(pants??), well, she looked likt she had a teeny..er...weenie. I'm just sayin...hahahaaa.

    I have to say I am a bit nervous for Tuesday but I hope I will be ok to read some comments from my bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Birgit!

      I'm surprised and delighted to see you, dear friend! Thanks for coming to another sneak preview of AIDA's Altered State, the new SPMM series starring that robotic rascal, that hypnotic, psychotic villainess from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

      On this trip inside The Framework, AIDA brought you Second Life, a world that defies comprehension and stretches the imagination. (My imagination has been doing so much stretching that I'm sore.) Yessum, those virtual singers and dancers in the videos, members of Tiara Ashley's talented troupe of regulars, exhibit lifelike movement. The star of the show is Tiara Ashley herself, the heavily inked blonde. I don't think these characters are based on any real people we would know. A while back I made a guest visit to the Second Life Story site and ascertained that subscribers may build their own characters, selecting from a variety of available body types, hair styles, etc. (It's kinda like "Wanda," the customized love doll I recently mail ordered.:)

      Yessum, anything goes when you are creating characters to populate your Second Life Story. Gender bending, androgynous cross-dressers are a common sight, especially in the latest Madonna vid Tiara Ashley is working on.

      Birgit, my thoughts, prayers and love go out to you, dear friend. I'm sure you will come through the procedure in fine shape. All of your blog buddies will be there with you in spirit. Please remember how much caring there is for one another in the blog community. Blog friends can be as real as in-person friends. You and I are proof of that. So please, think of your surgery and hospital stay as a "temporary inconvenience, permanent improvement," and remember "AIDA's Adage" -

      MEN ARE WEAK - WOMEN ARE STRONG!

      Thank you again for making time for a visit and for your usual splendid comment. I wish you all good things in the coming week, dear friend BB!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not your father's Pixar (or, if it is, don't let mother find out.)

    I'm just going to comment on the "In the Navy" video. I think a few double-entendres were buried at sea there. Are those computer-animated young women headed to the YMCA next? I suggest they go in through the back door. Unless the one without a bra is a twink. He can go through the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, again, Kirk!

      I'm pleased to see you. AIDA is pleased to see you. Tiara Ashley is pleased to see you!

      Welcome to The Framework and Second Life Story. I was hoping you could tell me how this whole SLS illusion is pulled off. Seeing as how I'm still learning to wave bye-bye, I haven't the foggiest.

      Yes, good buddy. that same talented troupe did indeed star in a Tiara Ashey production number for "YMCA." Movie critic Rex Reed raves, "If you only see one video this year... make it this one. I laughed... I cried."

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_1hVYl_Cig&t=42s

      Thanks again for dropping by and leaving a double comment. When I see the words "This comment removed by the author," my heart jumps for joy, because it means that I am one baby step closer to reaching my goal of 100 for the post.

      Have a wonderful week ahead, good buddy Kirk!

      Delete
  7. These songs are great. I remember most of them. Agents of Shield was such a great show. I was so sad to see it go. Too bad they didn't make a spin off of the show, that would have been good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary & Falcor!

      Thanks for coming over on the weekend, dear friend! I'm happy to know you watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and remember AIDA, that bag of bolts who was always messing with people's minds inside her Framework. Mrs. Shady and I were regular viewers of the series until the last season or so when it started to slip in quality, in our opinion. Maybe they should have made AIDA a regular instead of a recurring character.

      I'm glad you remember most of these songs brought to you by the guys and dolls of Tiara Ashley's Second Life Story.

      Thanks again for coming to play, dear friend Mary. Take care of yourself out there and be extra nice to my buddy Falcor. Have a good week!

      Delete
  8. Tom,

    Did Memorex make 8-track tape? I'm thinking that's what DH would use when he recorded songs for me to play in my 8-track tape player. I think of how listening to music has changed over the years going from vinyl albums to CDs to digital and now some folks are going back to the beginning again as they prefer the sound of vinyl. I'm not a fan of virtual characters. They look weird and sort of scary. I just listened to your music and didn't watch the videos. :) "Candy Man" retro-vibe is awesome and Christina Aguilera does a fabulous job on the song. It might be my favorite by her. I think there was only one song in your set that I did not know, "Let Me Think About It". I enjoyed your closing song. It put the jitter bug in my move to "Wake Me Up" this morning. Thanks for sharing a fun-filled pack of great old tunes to start the week off, my friend. Have a boogietastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy!

      I'm happy to see you, dear friend! Thanks for entering AIDA's Framework and experiencing Second Life!

      Yessum, starting in 1971 Memorex became a leader in the consumer market for audio cassette recording tape. The popular TV commercials featuring Ella Fitzgerald singing and glass shattering ran throughout the 70s and 80s. I'm happy that you are old enough to get AID's dated reference.

      Gee Cathy, I'm sorry to learn that you couldn't even bear to watch the videos. I admit that the animated characters seem a bit creepy at times, but to me, that makes for good Halloween fun. I thought you would surely enjoy watching them knowing how much you love Looney Tunes and other types of animation. It's fascinating to learn what frightens people, and not in a good way. At any rate, I'm glad you enjoyed the mewsic, even though, in this post, the songs were secondary to the visuals.

      Thank you again for your visit and comment, dear friend Cathy!

      Delete
    2. Tom,

      I think it's amazing how animated artists make video characters look so life like but the unnatural movement is a bit disturbing and then as in these videos the singing doesn't match up with the lips so that's a double strike. Of course, the later can't be helped but that sort of thing has always bothered me. Sometimes while streaming a program the audio and video fall out of synch. The lag between the lips moving and speech drives me nuts. Therefore making it not enjoyable. I'm sorry that I disappointed you with my reaction but I certainly appreciated your efforts to pull together a marvelous post with some excellent material. I would've never thought there were this many videos made to go with music. The YTer source you used did an amazing job. I guess in the end, I didn't make the connection in that the creepiness was part of your master scheme here and I'm sorry for not getting this critical point. Thanks for your imaginative, creative ideas rolled out in every post, my friend. You rock!

      Delete
    3. Hi, Cathy!

      No problem, dearie. While I hate to disappoint key friends like you with my content, I respect your opinion.

      Here was my thinking: AIDA's posts are put-ons that will run at Halloween and sometimes on April Fools' Day. I was surprised by your negative reaction for the following reasons:

      #1 - I know how much you as an artist love animation and cartooning and make use of the latest technology in your own creations. I thought you'd appreciate the artistry that went into these Second Life Story characters and their song and dance numbers. You see, Y/T uploader Tiara Ashley takes hit MTV mewsic videos like those of Madonna, Lady Gaga, Village People, etc., and meticulously replicates them, scene by scene, using her troupe of animated Second Life characters. I am well aware that the lip syncing is non-existent, but I don't think the SLS technology has advanced far enough to enable that.

      #2 - I also know that you appreciate depictions of glamorous women, pin-ups, etc., and therefore I thought you'd appreciate the beauties in Tiara Ashley's SLS family. However, I know you don't like tattoos, and neither do I, so I can understand why the heavily inked star character, Tiara Ashley, and a few of the others might have turned you off.

      #3 - You enjoyed the gruesome vampires in From Dusk Till Dawn, a TV series you actually recommended to me. Therefore, I knew you didn't scare easily. That's why I was surprised when these SLS figures scared you, so much that you couldn't even look at the screen. I think I can render an explanation. Studies have shown that people tend to be frightened when they look at an image that is supposed to represent a human being, and comes close, but is nevertheless recognizable as being inhuman. It triggers fear inside us, and that's why the technique is used so often in horror films. An example would be Invasion of the Body Snatchers in which family members, friends and neighbors look almost the same as they always did, but now act robotic and speak in an unsettling monotone. Same with zombie movies in which recently departed loved ones come back to kill people as flesh eating ghouls.

      So yes, AIDA's post is intended to be Halloween fun, and I'm sorry you found it unpleasant. Your follow-up comments here are appreciated, Cathy. Thanks again for dropping in and enjoy the rest of your week!

      Delete
  9. Quick message. Done surgery.given pain meds now and hoping they will kick in. Thank you for all your support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your heart, Birgit! I've been thinking about you ever since I awoke at 5 this morning, dear friend. I am very happy to hear from you. I hope the pesky procedure was a 100% success and that those pain meds are kicking in by now. Get some rest, binge watch soap operas and stay in touch with your friends over here (inches away) on the other side of the screen. If you publish a WSC post tamale, you know I'll be there.

      Once again, thank you for thinking of me while I am thinking of you. May you have a speedy and complete recovery, dear friend BB!

      Delete

I wanna know
What you're thinking
There are some things you can't hide
I wanna know
What you're feeling
Tell me what's on your mind