INSPIRED BY THE SHADY DELL, YORK, PA, AND DEDICATED TO ITS OWNERS JOHN & HELEN ETTLINE
AND TO MARGARET ELIZABETH BROWN SCHNEIDER, NICKNAMED "THE OLDEST LIVING DELL RAT"


Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Millions Saddened by Temporary Closing of Walley World!




Sorry folks, park's closed.


Moose out front shoulda told ya.


Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Oh my goodness,
give me a moment to catch my breath. Hello, folks.
I'm Shady Del Knight. If you're like me, your sides
are splitting right about now as you recall the mis-
adventures of wacky Clark Griswold and his clan in
Gone With the Wind National Lampoon's Vacation.
Reminding you of this particularly hilarious scene
in the movie is my way of letting you know that,
effective immediately, I need to take yet another
break from blogging. I urge you to remain calm.
Please don't run through the streets in panic.
Shady's Place is not really "closing." Your
home away from home will remain open
24-7 just as it has for the last 57 years.







The only difference is that I will not
be here to publish new posts or to visit
your blog and leave comments. You see,
Mrs. Shady and I are moving yet again
(the third time in five years) and I need
to remain unplugged for the next three
weeks until we get settled in at our
new location. I hope to return to
blogging the second week of
February. Take good care of
yourself, dear friend, and
I'll see you next month!


WHEN I RETURN... YOU'LL JUMP FOR JOY!

Have a Shady day!

15 comments:

  1. I love that movie and have seen it over and over and still laugh. Second to it is Christmas Vacation; that is a must see every Christmas. Good luck to you on your move and I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move! Never fun but hope you don't have to do it again for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the move goes well, Shady! Maybe this will be the final one. (I love the Griswolds)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and Mrs Shady a comfortable and safe move, friend Shady:) Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be hard to be in the witness protection program! Ha! I hope all goes smooth and you're settled in nicely. See you in February...the best month of the year! (not because it's my birthday month...Ok, it's because it's my birthday month!) You could always buy an RV...("That there Clark is an RV"...Christmas Vacation) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yaya beat me too it.... witness protection is hell !
    You take care, be safe and enjoy (?) your new home. Never Never Never, tell us where you are !
    parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  7. I amazed you have to move yet again and hopefully this is the last time in a long time. I’m happy you will be back and ready to boogie woogie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom,

    Witness Protection program. HA-HA! So that's it, I should've known something fishy was going on in Denmark. I mean Florida. You are in Florida, right? :) Happy movin', my friend. Hopefully this will be the last time you guys will have to do it. Take care and be well! OH yeah, love how you sprang the mews on us of your blog hiatus with this post - great fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember Wally World, haha! Have safe trips moving and settling into your new home, and life, Shady! You will be missed, and we'll all be here when you return. Take care, dear friend! ♫

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the move! Having done that recently, I know just how much fun that is.

    You will be missed. And yes, we we all jump for joy when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll keep the light on for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One thing about moving frequently is that detritus doesn't accumulate around you. I'd say you had the right idea. Hope you settle in and enjoy the next place for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ARLEEN
    ALEX
    KELLY
    cat
    YAYA
    GAYLE
    BIRGIT
    CATHY
    SUZANNE
    SHERRY
    JESSICA MARIE
    diedre
    KIRK
    CHERYL-LEE

    Thanks for your encouraging comment, dear friend! I return with a new post tomorrow (Monday) morning and will visit your site soon.

    Thanks again for your support!

    ReplyDelete

I wanna know
What you're thinking
There are some things you can't hide
I wanna know
What you're feeling
Tell me what's on your mind