INSPIRED BY THE SHADY DELL, YORK, PA, AND DEDICATED TO ITS OWNERS JOHN & HELEN ETTLINE
AND TO MARGARET ELIZABETH BROWN SCHNEIDER, NICKNAMED "THE OLDEST LIVING DELL RAT"


Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 - Year of the Dell Rat, Part 1: Ernest P. Worrell
and Family Guy's Brian Griffin Join The Shady Bunch!


 HAPPY NEW YEAR! 


 KNOW WHAT I MEAN, VERN? 



 CAN SHADY DEL KNIGHT 
 KEEP YOU ENTERTAINED 
 IN THE COMING YEAR? 



 IS PETER GRIFFIN 
 QUAGMIRE'S NEW  
 WAZE APP? 





WELCOME BACK,
DEAR FRIEND!

I'm delighted to have you along for the ride as I begin another year of blogging
here at Shady's Place Music & Memories. I am excited to announce that two
familiar faces, Brian Griffin and Errnest P. Worrell, have been elevated to the
status of full time DJs on SPMM radio. Brian, Ernest and other members of
The Shady Bunch put together a special two-part show to kick-off 2020.
S-P-M-M means more music with less talk, so let's get right to it.

CLICK TO START THE VIDEO NOW!
(COLD SHOW OPEN)


"Can You Do It" - The Contours
(Apr. /May 1964, highest chart pos. #16 R&B/#41 Hot 100,
#59 Cash Boxdancers on 1964 ep. of American Bandstand)

Greetings and salutations...
and happy new year, ya'll!


I am the Geator with the
Heater. I am the Boss
with the Big Hot Sauce!

As you can tell, the New Year's Eve Bandstand
bash that Shady Seaweed started last night is still
going strong. If you are watching our simulcast
on YouTube, you just heard the great Motown
group The Contours singing their 1964 hit
"Can You Do It," and you saw the style of
dancing that was popular in the 60s with
the teen kings and queens on South Street
in Philadelphia, on Dick Clark's TV show
 American Bandstand, and also on my
bombastic show Discophonic Scene.


S-P-M-M is the station that's #1 for music and fun, and our New Year's day party
is just getting started, and so, without further ado I'd like to welcome back for
another year of service down here at the mill, that silver tongued devil,
my new best bud... The Dean of Keen-- Mr. Shady Green!




Thank you very much, Jerry Blavat, and hi
to you out there! My time traveling Wayback
Machine just landed here on the first day of
2020, but now, with all you listeners aboard,
we're ready to blast off again to explore the
greatest years of our youth and listen to the
groovy tunes that formed the soundtrack of
our lives. This super sound by the brothers
Gibb should conjure up some memories.

CLICK TO START
THE VIDEO NOW!


Flashing back to the part of their career favored by many fans,
their early recordings of the 60s, here are The Bee Gees
in 1968-- "I've Gotta Get A Message To You!"


"I've Gotta Get A Message To You" - The Bee Gees
(Sept./Oct. 1968, highest chart pos. #3 Cash Box/ #8 Hot 100/#1 UK)

The Bee Gees there with "I've Gotta Get A Message To You," their first top 10 hit
in the states and their second #1 on the UK chart. You're tuned to Part 1 of our
 New Year's Spectacular here on S-P-M-M, where all the cool oldies come to play.



Now it gives me great pleasure to introduce one
of the new members of our Shady Bunch DJ staff.
You know him as America's Coolest Canine -
Peter's pup on the TV series Family Guy.
I'm sure you also recognize him from his
appearances in previous years as guest
host on the old blog Shady Dell Music
& Memories. He's the one and only
Brian Griffin. Brian, so glad to
have you with us, my friend!




Well, thank you very much, Mr. Green.
Golly, I never sat in a control room at a
microphone before. I guess I'm a little
nervous. A few martoonies oughta take
the edge off. (clears throat) Uh... hello,
everybody! I'm Brian Griffin, but you
already knew that, didn't you? (Damn,
I'm dying already.) Anyway, my show
here on S-P-M-M Retrosonic Radio is
called Eclectic Avenue. As the name
implies I'll be playing a wide variety of
music, a mixed bag, something to suit
just about every taste. Okay, for my
first song as a Shady Bunch DJ, I've
got one I hope you like, "Cars," the 80s
new wave synthpop hit by Gary Numan!

CLICK TO START THE VIDEO NOW!


"Brian Had Sex" - Stewie Griffin
sung to the tune of "Cars" by Gary Numan,
(orig. recording Apr. to June 1980, highest chart pos.
#9 Hot 100, #4 Cash Box, scenes from Family Guy)



CLICK TO START
THE VIDEO NOW!

Okay, obviously somebody pulled the old
switcheroo on me there. That, of course,
was my baby brother Stewie doing what
he does best... running his little mouth
when he should be sucking on his binky.
Stewie's been acting out ever since Lois
ran off with Ace Frehley. Anyhow, while
I sit here dying of embarrassment...
listen to "(I Just) Died In Your Arms,"
a cover of the Cutting Crew hit done
by Fil Henley aka Wings Of Pegasus.


"(I Just) Died In Your Arms" - Cutting Crew (Wings of Pegasus cover)
orig. recording Apr./May 1987, highest chart pos. #1 Hot 100 & Cash Box

Introduced by my human brother Chris last year, that was Brit rocker Fil Henley
and his band Wings of Pegasus covering "(I Just) Died In Your Arms,"
the original version a #1 smash in 1987 recorded by another
English group, Cutting Crew.




That does it for me. Now I'd like to introduce a guy
I'm sure you've seen over the years in television
commercials and movies. I met him for the first
time a few minutes ago in the green room.
Ladies and gents, meet another new member
of the Shady Bunch deejay team, and this
dog's new best friend - Ernest P. Worrell!




Hey Brian! How's it goin', dawg? Is it just my imagination, good buddy,
or do you have some kind of nasty rash on your groin?



Anyhoo... thank's a bunch and howdy to all you
folks out there in radio land! This here's your old
pal Ernest P. Worrell, back to sip eggnog and super-
vise while you shovel snow off your driveway and
scrape the windshield of your F-150. My new show
here on S-P-M-M is called Rock-a-Billygoat. I'll be
servin' up a slew of down home tunes from the
heartland including early rock & roll, R&R revival,
rockabilly and crossover country. Today I'll give
you a taste startin' with a couple of boys I'm
sure you know - Phil and Don - The Everlys.
They're gonna do a song written by Sonny
Curtis, a fella who was with Buddy Holly's
band as a teenager. This one started out
as the B side of "Ebony Eyes," but when
it took off like wildfire and shot to
number one in the UK, it was
switched to the A side.


CLICK TO START THE VIDEO NOW!

Both sides of the platter cracked the top 10 here in the states.
From 1961 here they are, The Everly Brothers-- "Walk Right Back."


"Walk Right Back" - The Everly Brothers
(Mar./Apr. 1961, highest chart pos. #7 Hot 100/#11 Cash Box)

Walkin' right back to the early 60s with The Everly Brothers
right here on S-P-M-M radio, home of The Shady Bunch.




Now this boy, Jack Scott, was the first white rock &
roll star to come out of Detroit. He was born across
the river in Windsor, Ontario, and has been called
the greatest Canadian rock & roller of all time.
In the summer of 1958, Jack had a double-
sided hit of his own. The B side, an up-
tempo number called "Leroy," based 
on "Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis the
Pelvis, just missed the top 10.

CLICK TO START
THE VIDEO NOW!

I want you to hear the A side, a rock & roll
ballad that made the top 3 on the national
chart, Jack Scott-- "My True Love."


"My True Love" - Jack Scott
(Aug./Sept. 1958, highest chart pos. #3 Hot 100/#7 Cash Box)






Ernest P. Worrell on the radio here at S-P-M-M,
and that was Mr. Jack Scott right there with
the biggest hit of his career, a dang pretty
little ditty called "My True Love."

Well I'll be ding if they ain't wavin' me off
already... so I'll be takin' my bow and sayin'
so long for now. This is your old pal Ernest
P. Worrell leaving you with two pieces of
advice. Don't take any wooden nickels,
and don't do anything I wouldn't do,
know what I mean, Vern? Now here's
a fella you all know from his show
Stuck Like Glue. Say howdy-do
to my good buddy Shady Blue!



Thank you, Ernest, and welcome aboard!
Hey, wouldn't you know it, just as Ernest tossed to me, we ran
out of time for this edition, but stay tuned on the flip side
of news for part 2 of our New Year's spectacular.


CLICK TO START
THE VIDEO NOW!

Coming up a few days from now, you'll meet
six more new members of The Shady Bunch
 DJ crew. You won't want to miss it, so keep
your dial set right here on S-P-M-M, the #1
station for a rock & roll nation. Now for
Jerry Blavat, The Geator with the Heater,
Shady Green, Brian Griffin, Errnest P.
Worrell and the entire Shady Bunch
gang, this is yours truly Shady Blue
hoping by now you're stuck like glue
and wishing you a safe, healthy
and happy 2020. See you soon!


"Last Night" - Mar-Keys
(July/Aug. 1961, highest chart pos.
#3 Hot 100 & Cash Box/#2 R&B)


 STAY TUNED FOR PT. 2 
 THIS SUNDAY! 

30 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of the Bee Gees, but I don't think I've ever heard the one you shared before. I certainly don't remember the video. I enjoyed it!

    Wishing you a happy new year, Shady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kelly!

      Happy new year to you, dear friend, and thanks for coming over on a holiday to claim early bird honors!

      That rare Bee Gees clip is a wonderful find. The sound and picture clarity are astounding, making it seem like the video was shot yesterday and the brothers Gibb are all alive and well. Sadly Maurice died in his early 50s and Robin died in his early 60s. Barry, the only surviving member of the sibling act, is still with us at age 73.

      I'm glad you enjoyed the Bee Gees and this preview of coming attractions here on Shady's Place Music & Memories.

      Thanks again for dropping in and have a great year, dear friend Kelly!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, dear friend! Some of my favourite songs to get me ready for 2020.

    Have a great day and I hope your year is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica Marie. Glad you enjoyed the show. I hope your year is wonderful, too!

      Delete
    2. I certainly did! I had a trying day today and I'm about to listen again as I work on stuff for my kindness display at the library.

      Happy Thankful Thursday, dear friend!

      Delete
    3. You too, JM. Thank you and happy TT!

      Delete
    4. Remember my elderly friend Ronald? That was the trying thing about Thursday... every lunch has been negative and I haven't seen him in a year. Still the same thing: "you better find a new job now, you're getting too old. You're too old to go back to school. You're too old to train." It was negative and draining. I don't really like my area and I just want to save to move. I don't think I'm going to have lunch with Ronald again.

      Delete
  3. I've heard the Bee Gees song before but never seen the video. I like your mix. It's a little like what I have on my iTunes. That way I never know what's going to play next. Stewie and Brian crack me up. Here's to a great musical year, Shady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janet!

      Welcome back to Shady's Place for the start of another year and the induction ceremony for newly appointed members of The Shady Bunch deejay team. "I've Gotta Get A Message To You" is one of my favorites by The Bee Gees, and I am one of many fans that prefers the trio's early career output to their disco phase. Like you I had never seen that video until recently. Imagine how my eyes and ears popped! I enjoy playing my music collection with the setting on "shuffle play." That way I never know which song is coming up next, but I know it will be a favorite.

      I'm glad you got a kick out of Stewie's cover song ripped from an episode of Family Guy. I LOL whenever I watch the opening vignette with Peter as a Waze app. :)

      Thanks again for coming and have a super year, dear friend Janet!

      Delete
  4. I have always liked the Bee Gees and The EVERLY BROTHERS !
    Happy Happy New Year !
    cheers, parsnip and the naughty gud dugs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gayle!

      Happy New Year, dear friend!

      The Bee Gees are getting most of the buzz from people who comment. Looks like Shady Green's radio show will be a hit in 2020. I'm glad you also enjoyed "Walk Right Back," a song by The Everlys picked for your listening pleasure by one of my new SPMM deejays Ernest P. Worrell. Stay tuned for more on his show Rock-A-Billygoat.

      Thanks again for coming, dear friend Gayle. I wish you, your naughty gud dugs Winston and Agatha, your pretty kitties Merida and Oliver and your family in Japan a safe, healthy and happy 2020!

      Delete
    2. Daughter is over in Japan right now visiting the gang !

      Delete
    3. Hi again, Gayle!

      I hope your daughter is having a great time in Japan. Mrs. Shady and I have discussed it and hope to visit Japan someday.

      Thanks for sticking with Shady's Place in 2020 and happy new year, dear friend Gayle!

      Delete
  5. Haven't met many peeps who don't like the Bee Gees, friend Shady. Did you know that during CPR compressions are done to the rhythm of their "Stayin' Alive"? What a pleasant way to be coaxed back to the land of the living, eh?:) Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, cat!

      Thanks for dropping by, dear friend! Wow, even more lubbins for the Brothers Gibb! Thanks for sharing that piece of trivia about "Stayin' Alive." I didn't know that. It was fascinating to watch this video which I am sure you have already seen:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A0nAKWTewI

      Thanks again for starting the year off in fine fashion with a cheery visit and interesting comment, dear friend cat. I wish you and Theo Thunderbutt all the best in 2020!

      Delete
    2. :) :) :)

      Lubbins lubbins lubbins to you and Theo, dear cat!

      Delete
  6. Tom,

    Happy New Year, dear friend! You have an excellent party going on here with your song choices introduced by two cool cats...okay one's a dog but you know what mean. lol Dancing has changed a lot over the years and all looks a little silly to me at times unless it's done by professional dancers who know what they're doing. I'm a huge fan of DWTS. The Bee Gees didn't pop up on my radar until the days of Saturday Night Fever. I might have heard them before that time but I can't say for sure. While I loved them in the day, today I only listen to them out of nostalgia. It's been quite awhile for me to hear "I (Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight". I've heard of The Mar Keys but when 'Last Night' released I was only old enough to crawl but I betcha I was boogie-crawling to that tune. :) Thanks for the groovy mewsic to start 2020 off with, dear friend. Let's have a blast this year in Blogosphere to hip-hoppin' fun tunes and may the Lord bless you always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy!

      I'm delighted to see you, dear friend! Thanks for bopping over and happy new year once again! 2020 is fast fleeting. It's day two already! :)

      I'm glad you like the newest members of The Shady Bunch deejay squad, Brian Griffin from Family Guy and Ernest P. Worrell from the series of Ernest movies and star of various TV commercials, a beloved character for decades.

      I figured you are too young to know many of the Bee Gees recordings of the 60s. The gifted brothers actually cranked out an impressive string of hits from 1967 thru 1971. Lean years followed until 1975 when the disco era revived their career and they made a big comeback.

      I'm glad you enjoyed another song by Wings of Pegasus, the English one-man-band that Brian's human brother, talent scout Chris Griffin, introduced in 2019. You made me laugh at the thought of you "boogie-crawling." If it applies to any baby, then it would be you, my mewsic loving friend. I dare say mischievous Stewie Griffin is in the same category.

      I think we are already having a blast in 2020, dear friend Cathy, and it's all because of great friends like you who keep a sense of humor and love to entertain. I appreciate that. Have a boogietastic day and I'll see you tomorrow for another round of Sillies!

      Delete
  7. Very eclectic selection today and not just the music but the deejays, too. My favorite was the Contours "Can You Do It" That was just great.

    That Bee Gees song is a reminder that Robin Gibb was the front man before they went disco.

    Never heard of Jack Scott. While I liked his song, I never heard it before, either. And you say it went all the way to number three? I'm ashamed at my ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kirk!

      Thanks for being here for my first post of 2020, good buddy! This is the first segment of my two-parter introducing new members of the Shady Bunch DJ staff. I'm glad you like the variety of hosts and music.

      I am especially thrilled that you appreciated that clip from American Bandstand selected by The Geator. It's one of the best AB videos on YouTube, giving you a great look at the studio dancers forming a line and doing some crazy moves to The Contours' record "Can You Do It." That single was released Feb. 28, 1964, 20 days after Bandstand moved from Philadelphia to Los Angeles. Therefore, this video must represent one of the very first shows taped in LA. Nevertheless, some of the dance moves look similar to those performed by the teens on the East Coast on Bandstand and on Jerry's Discophonic Scene.

      What struck me most about the Bee Gees' 60s output was their ultra serious, dramatic performing style and the fact that they seemed to specialize in sad, depressing, albeit beautiful songs.

      My favorite Jack Scott record is "What In The World's Come Over You," a single released at Christmas 1959 that peaked at #5 early in 1960. I am happy to introduce you to artists you missed growing up.

      You wrote:

      << I'm ashamed at my ignorance. >>

      No need to feel ashamed, good buddy. Shucks, I was not aware that Stewie Griffin's "Brian Had Sex (With a Really Dumb Girl)" topped the New Wave chart for a full year. :)

      Thanks again for joining the fun, Kirk. Stick around to meet SIX more new SPMM deejays in Part 2 starting this Sunday. They include three young women that I know will be of interest to you. See you then!

      Delete
  8. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a good new year's eve. I enjoyed all of these performances even the Bee Gees. the guy in the Seinfeld black puffy shirt, is that Barry Gibb? I never heard of the song but I liked it. I don't even know the guy from Windsor, Ontario. I learned something new today especially not to listen to that fat slop in the car..aka family Guy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and hello, Unknown!

      Welcome to Shady's Place Music & Memories! Thanks for dropping in to let me know you enjoyed the performances in Pt. 1 of my Year of the Dell Rat spectacular.

      Yes, I believe the Gibb brother in the black Seinfeld puffy shirt is Barry, the only member of the trio stayin' alive in 2020. Robin passed away 8 years ago and Maurice died 17 years ago.

      Seems Brian Griffin got off to a shaky start as a DJ with somebody (possibly Stewie) slipping that bogus version of "Cars" into his play list. Brian quickly recovered and redeemed himself by playing that nifty Cutting Crew cover performed by W.O.P.

      Thanks again for joining the fun, Unknown. Don't miss the chance to meet six more new SPMM deejays in Pt. 2 this Sunday. Have yourself a groovy year, my friend!

      Delete
  9. Hi Shady and guys! Happy New Year to you all...I think some of us are still celebrating, and I'm running behind! The Peter and Quagmire video is funny, and, Stewies contribution song is pretty cute. That Stewie is quite the character, in fact, that whole group is!

    Dick Clark cracks me up at the end of the dance video with the Countours! He said, the dance couldn't be that hard. "This dance isn't that tough!" There was quite a crowd dancing in this one, and several different dances going on. It was fantastic watching them!

    I love the BeeGees' video! They were definitely youngsters back then. I remember them being called "The Brothers Gibb", then wondered who the BeeGees were! I love this song, and all of their others! It still saddens me to have lost all but one of them, I miss them!

    Jack Scott was one of Karo's favorite artists of the late 50's. I remember him singing that song, and he covered it well. "My True Love" was a sweet love song. Karo and I both love the Everlys. "Walk Right Back" is one of their best, and I love to watch them sing-any video of theirs is a joy!

    At the expense of being predictable, I save the best for almost last! OMG is all I can spit out on "I Just Died in Your Arms". I didn't even know who the Cutting Crew was when I first heard this one-I never told Karo, but the song always made me think of him when we started dating, and I would just swoon! I still feel that way about him. How giddy can a woman in her late 40's be? Anyway, back to the song. I don't know who wrote this one, but it is the "ultimate" love song in my opinion! It's right up there with the Righteous Brothers "Unchained Melody". The cover of this one by Wings ofPegasus is incredible-good job! And, the emotional chill factor is locked in with the instrumentals of the band!

    A great finish to a great post, dear guys, with the Mar-Keys! I remember this well, and I thank you for sending it live to us! Happy New Year to you all!

    Shady, take care! Happy New Year! Thank you for a great start to 2020! ♫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Suzanne!

      It's great to see you, dear friend! Thanks for popping in for part one of my special two-part New Year 2020 celebration in which you will meet EIGHT new members of The Shady Bunch deejay team.

      I'm glad you got a kick out of the two clips from Family Guy. (I've had Stewie's cover of "Cars" stuck in my noggin all day long! :)

      Okay I solved the mystery about The Contours song/video. As I suspected, it is another customized sync video. The YouTube uploader admitted that the song the Bandstanders are dancing to is not "Can You Do It." They were actually dancing to Bobby Freeman hit "C'mon And Swim" but the uploader decided to dub the Contours song over the original studio audio. That's why you see those wild swimming dance moves, and that's why Dick Clark says "This dance isn't tough" at the end of the clip. Makes more sense now, doesn't it? There are so many of these homemade hybrid videos on YouTube now that you never know for sure what you're getting. Freeman's single "C'mon And Swim" was released in June 1964, verifying that the AB studio you see in the video is the first one they used in LA when the show moved out west from Philadelphia, and it is one of the earliest clips showing the initial group of LA teenagers who danced on the show out there.

      The Bee Gees released many fine singles from 1967 through 1971, including the double-siders "New York Mining Disaster 1941" b/w "I Can't See Nobody" and "Holiday" b/w "Every Christian Lion Hearted Man Will Show You." Rarely do I hear those older sides played, only their disco era hits.

      I'm thrilled to know that Karo loved Jack Scott and covered his recordings. Thanks for sharing that information, Suzanne. I am also excited to know that you and Karo were Everly Brothers fans. That enhanced YouTube video with added layers of audio put new zing into their hit "Walk Right Back." I am also delighted that you expressed what the song "I Just Died In Your Arms" has meant to you over the years. The original single by the London based pop rock/new wave band Cutting Crew was more popular in the U.S. than back home in England (#1 US, #4 UK). Released early in 1987, it was the group's first single and biggest hit. I agree it is a superb love song, one of the greatest ever. I'm glad you appreciated Fil Henley's cover. Keep in mind that he didn't merely lay his vocal over the original music bed. According to his site, he created the recording from scratch. A talented multi-instrumentalist with his own recording studio, Fil is apparently a one-man-band because I never see evidence of other musicians in his videos.

      Wow, Suzanne, it seems like The Shady Bunch gang picked some winners for you this time. I'm happy to know so many of the songs resonated. Stay tuned. Two days from now, on Sunday, you will meet SIX more new SPMM deejays and hear samples of the sounds they will bring to Shady's Place in 2020 and beyond.

      Thanks again for coming, dear friend Suzanne, and happy new year to you and Scootie and to all your loved ones!

      Delete
    2. I have to admit, Shady, I thought it odd that so many of the dancers were doing the Swim to a Contours song! But, I remember when we were doing the twist to almost any rock and roll song, just to keep in with the times. It's funny now that you give the truth about it, but I liked the video anyway!

      Delete
    3. Hi again, Suzanne!

      The uploader claimed this is the only video he produced in which a different studio recording was dubbed over AB dancing footage, but many other YouTubers are playing mix and match with the oldies. The worst, in my opinion, are the ones that marry rock 'n' roll recordings to dance footage taken from movie musicals of the 30s and 40s. It makes no sense to see Fred & Ginger dancing to 50s and 60s rock.

      Thanks again for coming to chat, dear friend Suzanne. I hope 2020 is off to a great start for you and Master Scootie!

      Delete
  10. Happy New Year Shady and gang! Sorry I'm late in posting. I've been nursing a humdinger of a cold..again...and trying to work too. Not a good combo! But Jack and I sat here and listened to the numbers the DJ's picked and of course we both enjoyed the Bee Gees as it brought back memories for both of us at a time in our lives when we didn't know each other but listened to the same music. When I read the bio of Jack Scott and the part about him being the greatest rock and roller of all time in Canada, my Jack laughed and said: "Better than Justin Beiber?" Ha! That made me laugh! So thanks for the good tunes and memories as always...loved the video with the dancing of course. I did those swim moves myself once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away! Many blessings and good health to you and Mrs. Shady in the new year! See you in part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, YaYa!

      Thanks so much for dropping in, dear friend, and for this wonderful comment! I am sorry to learn that you are fighting off a cold while working, but excited to learn that that Jack joined you as you listened to the tunes introduced by members of The Shady Bunch, old and new, in Part 1 of my New Year's celebration.

      Seems all of the readers appreciate that song and video by the Bee Gees. It's one of my favorite recordings by the brother trio. I certainly like it better than their disco stuff. I enjoyed that Beiber quip. When it comes to being a joker, Jack's a king. In fact, he's aces. (See what I did there?)

      I knew you'd focus on those Bandstand dancers doing the swim in that mid 1964 clip taped at a time when the show was brand new to the West Coast. That crop of dancers performed some nifty moves similar to those of the gang back in Philadelphia.

      You are a wonderful friend, YaYa. Thank you again for coming. It's so nice to have you aboard as we plow through another year together. I'm pretty sure we are in our 8th year of bloggy friendship. That's 10 times longer than the average Hollywood marriage. :) Stay tuned for Part 2 of my New year special which starts tomorrow morning. You'll meet SIX more new S-P-M-M deejays and hear samples of the music they'll be playing on their shows this year. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, dear friend YaYa!

      Delete
  11. Hi Shady!

    Scrolling back, I see I've missed some terrific tunes of late. At least I can still listen ;-)
    Excellent cover of "Died in your arms"! The Bee Gees song sure tugs at the heart strings.
    Best wishes for a hassle-free move!

    ReplyDelete

I wanna know
What you're thinking
There are some things you can't hide
I wanna know
What you're feeling
Tell me what's on your mind