INSPIRED BY THE SHADY DELL, YORK, PA, AND DEDICATED TO ITS OWNERS JOHN & HELEN ETTLINE
AND TO MARGARET ELIZABETH BROWN SCHNEIDER, NICKNAMED "THE OLDEST LIVING DELL RAT"


Thursday, September 5, 2024

 C L I F F H A N G E R ! 

 Liv and Let Die... in the Wilderness 


COLD OPEN:
CLICK TO START VIDEO NOW!


"Live And Let Die" - Wings cover by HSCC aka
The Hindley Street Country Club (Aug. 2023)

Kicking-off the show, that was HSCC - The Hindley Street Country Club -
the amazingly talented Australian cover band, with "Live And Let Die,"
the theme of the 1973 James Bond film of the same name. 

It is also my theme song, spelled "LIV And Let Die," and I'm here to tell you why.


Hi!  I'm Liz Liv Taylor, star of the British psycho thriller
miniseries Wilderness on Amazon Prime Video.


And I'm Cara Parker, "the other woman" who
is having a fling with Liv's husband Will.


"Something New"/"Call The Shots"/"Fling"
Girls Aloud 20th Anniversary Megamix
(November 2022)

Wilderness follows a twisted love story as my "happily-ever-after" life
quickly turns into a living nightmare thanks to my hubby's philandering.

Will and I are a young British couple from Wales.


For the sake of Will's career, we recently relocated to New York City.


Before you know it, our marriage is on the rocks... the rocks
of the Grand Canyon's south rim, to be more specific.  


That's because I discovered incriminating texts and a steamy sex tape
starring my hubby and his buxom blonde co-worker, Cara. (below)

(above) Cara - homewrecking hussy with a heart of gold 



"Push The Button" - Sugababes
(Oct./Nov. 2005, highest chart pos. #1 UK,
Ireland, Scotland, Austria & New Zealand)



Yep, it was a shocking, devastating breach of trust.


  I found out the hard way... 


Where there's a Will... there's a woman.


"Where there's a Will... there's a woman."  Good one, Liv!


Here's another one. Where there's a Will... there's a way for him to cheat on me.


"Live and let live," the old proverb advises us.


 But after finding out about Will's extracurricular activities in the sackI say--
Liv And Let Die! - Katy bar the door - Hell hath no fury - and all that rot. 


You might remember the Ronnie Dove hit "When Liking Turns To Loving."
Well, the name of our song is "When Heartbreak Turns to Rage and Revenge."

CLICK TO START VIDEO NOW!

"Too many fish in the sea," so goes the old saying.  Weaselly, weak-willed,
never-say-won't Will is constantly patrolling the waters and goes after
anything that moves.  As the talented all-star band from the
School Of Rock suggest, he's a-- "Barracuda!"


"Barracuda" - Heart cover by School Of Rock (Dec. 2023)


Distraught wife Liv Taylor with you on S-P-M-M Retro Radio,
sharing my sob story with anyone out there who will listen.


 It's about my nogoodnik husband who's been flopping around in seedy,
fleabag, pay-by-the-hour hotels with his sexy blonde co-worker Cara.

(above) mistress Cara

(above) mistress Cara, a closer look 😍


But I just keep on smiling and biding my time... 


and the wheels in my noggin just keep on turning.


Let me propose a toast to my darling husband Will...
 because, very soon, he is gonna be just that-- toast!


I learned from the frat bros of Animal House that when things
go from bad to worse... the only answer is--- road trip!


So I coaxed Will into joined me on a fun trip to the Grand Canyon.


 Grand Canyon - yeah... that's the ticket! 


And the wheels just keep on turning...

You always think that the grass is greener, Will darling. Good News!


You'll find green grass galore at the bottom of this 800-foot cliff! 
Sing it with me, dear hubby:  "Ain't no mountain high enough..."


Any last words for your Facebook subscribers. sweetheart?


When push comes to shove.... a girl needs to take bold, decisive action.


OOPSY-DAISY! Watch out for that first step, Will. It's a doozy!


So yes, after finding out that I am married to a liar and a cheater,
I felt hurt and betrayed and began making plans to get even.


But here's a big surprise. Upon meeting Cara...
the blonde bombshell who tore apart my happy home...

(above) blonde bombshell Cara

(above) blonde bombshell Cara, a closer look 😍


I concluded that she deserved my sympathy more than my wrath. 


Instead of hating on Cara... I came to understand her.
Unlikely as it seems, Cara and I formed an alliance.


  I focused all my hate and revenge plotting on Will.


I even invited Cara to join me as co-hostess
of this Shady's Place exclusive.


That is a surprise, Liv. It's so cool that you and I bonded!


Let's become besties! Maybe we can go shopping together!  Yes?... No?...


Folks, I know it was wrong to get involved with Liv's husband Will...
especially since I am engaged to (wait for it) Haven hunk Duke Crocker!
Sing it with me: "It's a small world after all."


 But Will kept me under his spell by serenading me with "our song."


He sang it to me every time we parted ways following romantic interludes.


"Cara Mia" - Jay And The Americans
(June/July 1965, highest chart pos. #4 Hot 100 & Cash Box/#1 Canada)


You just heard my theme song, "Cara Mia Why Must We Say Goodbye,"
a top 5 biggie for Jay And The Americans in the summer of 1965.


Cara Parker behind the mic up here in the penthouse of Shady Towers.


Next, I'm going to play another song that lecherous Will used on me
to keep our torrid affair going. It's a cover of an international hit in
early 1976 waxed by the British soul band Hot Chocolate.

CLICK TO START VIDEO NOW!

You are listening to the sound of  Clock, an English Eurodance act featuring
rapper Marcus Thomas and singer Lorna Saunders.  Clock struck paydirt
with their own hit version of-- "U Sexy Thing!"


"U Sexy Thing" - Hot Chocolate cover by Clock
(late 1997/early 1998, highest chart pos. #11 UK/#8 Ireland)


If you're just tuning in, we're the odd couple.  I'm Liv Taylor,
the good wife breaking bad, feeling the burn and vowing
to get sweet revenge on my cheating husband.


And I'm Cara Parker - the squeeze - the "other woman" - teaming up
with Liv to entertain you with the best sounds you're ever gonna hear.


 We're your Hostesses With The Mostesses for our special -
 Liv And Let Die... in the Wilderness...
 coming to you exclusively here on S-P-M-M Retrosonic Radio.
We're bringing you Grade-A originals and covers, songs that will
help you do what Liv and I are trying to do - forget our troubles for
a while, set aside our differences, bury the hatchet and boogie down.


This one should soothe your soul. It's the glorious sound of
vocal harmony, Bee Gees style, a tender love song composed
by the Brothers Gibb that became an international hit single
in 1977 when recorded by Aussie vocalist Samantha Sang.

CLICK TO START VIDEO NOW!

Here's Romanian talent scout Andrei Cerbu's singing sensation Beatrice Florea
and her trio of clones, "The Bea-Three" with their delightful cover of-- "Emotion"


"Emotion" - Bee Gees cover by Beatrice Florea (Feb. 2023)

 So, yeah... go figure. Cara and I are the odd couple alright. 


Who knew that two women sharing the same weak-Willed
snake-in-the-grass could work so well together as a DJ team? 


Time for me to spin another catchy tune, and this one just came in
on my toll-free request hotline. Our Romanian friend Andrei Cerbu
is in my ear asking me to make it a Beatrice Florea double-play.


That works for me, Andrei, because Bea's cover of a soulful
song by R&B great Solomon Burke helps me tell my story.


CLICK TO START VIDEO NOW!

When your baby leaves you all alone, and nobody
calls you on the phone, don't you feel like cryin'?
Well, here I am, honey-- "Cry To Me!"


"Cry To Me" - Solomon Burke cover
by Beatrice Florea (November 2023)



You know, folks, I should have seen this blowup with Will coming from
a mile away. I always sensed that he's sly, slick and wicked... and a perv.


He once confessed to me that I turn him on because
I remind him of Clara Oswald on Doctor Who.


Well, isn't that special?


  As if it weren't enough that he chases skirts all over town...


Even when he's with me...


he's fantasizing that I'm someone else!


I hear ya, Liv.  Will pulls the same stunt with me.


The other day... during our romp in the hay...


 he said I remind him of "Carson"... the head cheerleader


in the movie sequel Bring It On: In It To Win It...


and that I also remind him of "Brit"... 


...one of the hotties in Spring Breakers.


Whatever turns you on, Will.


To sum it up, Will thinks this is a man's world, but he's
forgetting one thing. As Romanian up-and-comer Rianna Rusu
reminds us in her cover of James Brown's 1966 hit ballad...

CLICK TO START VIDEO NOW!

This is a man's world, but it wouldn't be nothing, nothing,
not one little thing... without a woman or a girl
He's lost in the Wilderness.



"It's A Man's Man's World" - James Brown
cover by Rianna Rusu (May 2022)

Speaking of being "lost in the Wilderness"...


After turning my world upside down with his cheating ways...
Will got the bright idea for us to go on a hiking, camping vacay
in another... (what's the word I'm looking for?)... Wilderness.


He thought a week or two of R & R at an isolated
mountain resort would patch up our broken marriage. 


But by sheer coincidence, who did we happen to run into on one of the trails?
You guessed it - mistress Cara and her studly boyfriend Duke Crocker!


What a great way to relax, unwind and forget about our little problem!
And wait till you watch the series and see the thrilling "cliffhanger!"



As The A-Team's Hannibal used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together!"


Thanks for joining Cara and me for this Shady's Place special event -
Liv and Let Die... in the Wilderness...
a sneak preview of our psychological thriller series now showing on Prime.

CLICK TO START VIDEO NOW! 

To play us off, here's the pride of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, miss Tori Rossi. The zesty
songstress performed as Madonna in The Great American Divas musical doing one of
the Material Girl's biggest hits and signature songs-- what else? - "Material Girl!"
Now for Will's girl on the side (and on her back) Cara Parker, this is Will's
"don't get mad, get bad" wife, Liv Taylor, reminding you to look before
you leap, and be careful who you fall for. (BA-DUM-BUMP) Cheers!



5 VERY ENTHUSIASTIC THUMBS UP!
Fantabulous! Boffo! Primo! Crackerjack!


"If you only watch one revenge thriller
cliffhanger this year, make it Wilderness.
It's a hoot-and-a-half!"
- Shady Del Knight (Chicago Sun-Times)

19 comments:

  1. Good morning, my friend! I'm here in part. My brain is lost in space on a zillion things needing tied up before our vacation departure. Nuff said 'bout that. :) I truly enjoyed the way you tied this gotta see TV series content with some fabulous music. The reference to many well known songs and covers for our listening pleasure. Ashley Benson is my favorite Pretty Little Liar. She was perfect for the part, so I'm anxious to see how she pulls off her role as Cara. I like that you referred to Eric Balfour's as Haven character Duke Crocker. I'd love to find another series like that! Eric also appeared in another favorite TV series, 24 playing computer nerd Milo Pressman. Anywho, I'm excited to have you tune me into this new series Wilderness. It's just the kind of programming, I believe, DH and I will like viewing. We'll have to check this out after things settle down. I did put it on our watch list at Prime. 👍 Now, I want to hop over to YT to same more music by a few of your featured cover artists. Have a wonderful rest of September. Change is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy!

      Great to see you, dear friend! Thanks for bursting across the finish line to claim the Early Bird title for September.

      I'm excited to know that you are busily planning another vacation. I hope it turns out to be all you dreamed of. Thank you very much for commenting, as you have also done in the past, about the way I like to convey the gist of a favorite TV series with the help of song videos. I'm glad you like the covers I selected to introduce Wilderness. I agree that there are some excellent covers here, including live performances and official music videos.

      I am also pleased that you are familiar with actress Ashley Benson, and I knew you'd perk up when you saw that Duke Crocker from Haven is also in the cast. I have also seen Eric Balfour as the star of Roger Corman's 2010 Syfy horror flick Dinoshark. Lucas Bryant (Nathan from Haven) can be seen in the series Shoot The Messenger and the TV movie Perfect Plan co-starring with "Audrey" from Haven - Emily Rose - whom I have also seen in the TV medical series ER and the movies Daughter For Sale, and An Hour Behind. Keep in mind that Wilderness is merely a six episode miniseries, leaving fans begging for more.

      I'm delighted that you got so much enjoyment from my September offering, and I'm confident that you will find more musical goodies by these cover artists in your YouTube search. Yessum, we are enjoying this fresh, cooler air up here. I am looking forward to the fall and winter seasons. Thanks again for joining the fun. Take good care of yourself and DH and enjoy your getaway, dear friend Cathy!

      Delete
  2. Well, now I want to know - does she push him off the cliff? They all sound a bit shady to me. (No pun intended.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alex!

      The silver medallion is yours to proudly wear around your neck, good buddy! Thanks for hustling over to see what's happening this month at Shady's Place. I don't want to be a spoiler, (and don't want to be "pushy") but I urge you to watch Wilderness. It's only six episodes long, meaning that you can practically binge watch the whole thing in a single day if you wish. You are correct in assuming that there are shady characters and dirty deeds done dirt cheap.

      Thanks again for coming by so early in the day. Enjoy the rest of your September, good buddy Alex!

      Delete
  3. Good morning Shady! I made it on the day of your post!! I'm off work today and enjoying the music here for sure. I haven't seen this series but it has me wondering if she actually pushes him off that cliff. Guess I'd better watch it! Why is it all the brunettes get cheated on because of the blondes? Well, this brunette hasn't been or else our 50yr marriage would be a bust! Ha! Thanks for your sweet comments on my post BTW. Very much appreciated. Good covers on the classics today. The Wings cover was really good and I had a few moments of "Dirty Dancing" with Cry to Me. The little lady with the braces has a great set of pipes! I'm glad I could come and visit and enjoy the music and get inspired to sit and watch that series. I'll let you know how I liked it. I hope your September is a lovely one filled with almost Fall vibes. We have a few up and down temps and because of our mini drought here the trees are stressing out and changing early. I'll be posting again to announce Jack's retirement on Sept. 16th. He's finally ready to hang up his spine adjusting days. This should be interesting! Have a great month Shady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, YaYa!

      The bronze is yours, dear friend! The bronze is yours!!! Welcome back to Shady's Place and my September post promoting the miniseries Wilderness. I'm happy to know you have the day off work and can take it easy and perhaps get some projects done about the house (like decorating for Halloween).

      That's why I call it a cliffhanger, dear friend. You will need to watch the show to find out whether or not Liv's one of those "pushy" wives. :) I'll tell you this much. Between the two of them, those women have poor Will between a rock and a hard place. :) I'm with you. I never understood why Hollywood so often depicted brunettes as the victims of an affair and blondes as the type husbands or boyfriends wanted to cheat with. I have always favored brunettes, and both Mrs. Shady #1 and #2 are brunette. Having seen those dazzling pictures of you, past and present, it's easy to understand why Jack has remained steadfastly devoted to you for more than half a century. Once again, congratulations to you and your special guy for reaching this magnificent milestone!

      I'm glad you were impressed by the HSCC version of "Live And Let Die" and "The Bea-Three" (Romanian singing sensation Beatrice Florea) doing Solomon Burke's "Cry To Me," a song used, as you mentioned, in the soundtrack of the 1987 movie Dirty Dancing. Yessum, Rianna Rusu, another of Romanian talent scout Andrei Cerbu's discoveries, has powerful pipes and turns in a classic performance covering James Brown's mid 60s hit "Man's World." I'm thrilled that you liked it.

      Wilderness is only a 6 episode miniseries, so if you start right now, you can be finished watching it by sundown today. :) If you do choose to watch, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I will be off the grid later this month, but I will make it a point to swing by Whispering Pines and help Jack celebrate his many years of practice in the chiropractic field and his decision to retire this year.

      Thank you again for your kind visit and comment, YaYa. I hope you and your family enjoy the rest of your month and please look for my next post on October 1 when I kick-off the Halloween season with the launch of yet another new Shady's Place series. I hope to see you then, dear friend!

      Delete
  4. Hi Shady! I told you I'd be here and here I am!

    I didn't realize I was in for some real cliffhangers in those photos! I have a fear of heights and now my heart is racing! I couldn't look for too long. 😉

    Pat and I hope you and Mrs. Shady have a wonderful September. Fall is closing in on us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kelly & Pat!

      Thanks a lot for coming over early on day one to see the sights and sample the sounds in my September post - Liv And Let Die... in the Wilderness.

      Yessum, I too feel giddy looking at those pictures and gif's of Liv and her cheating hubby perched atop one of the Grand Canyon's highest cliffs. I won't give the plot away, but suffice it to say that the two have a rocky relationship, and when push comes to shove, Liv turns stone cold and takes nothing for granite. (BA-DUM-BUMP)

      Yessum, I hope your outdoor canines are enjoying a break from the series of summer hot spells. It's lovely up here, too, and I look forward to even cooler weather and the colorful autumn foliage that follows.

      Thanks again for visiting early and for spreading cheer. Please smooch my buddy Pat for me and toss him a biscuit. I will be back in action on October 1 with the first of two Halloween related posts. Until then, take care and have a splendid September, dear friend Kelly!

      Delete
  5. I've never seen Wilderness but I think I might like it. Standing on the edge of the cliff though, she looks like she's about to push him off.
    I hadn't heard those covers before but they are good.
    The Bee Gees cover was good but I like the original more.

    I hope you are having a nice Summer. Soon it will be cooling off here and I can't wait because it's been too darn hot here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary & Falcor!

      Thank you for dropping by and welcome in, dear friend, as I present Wilderness, a British cliffhanger miniseries that "dropped" in September a year ago. It's still running on Prime, so tune if in you subscribe to that service. When you do, you will find out what happened up there on "Lover's Leap" - who pushed who - and what happened next. I'm glad you enjoyed this batch of covers, even though few if any can measure up to the originals.

      Yessum, I am having a nice summer now that the temperatures have dropped from the mid to upper 90s down to the mid to upper 70s. The change feels terrific. I know you've been dealing with triple digit temps for months on end and I hope your region cools off soon.

      Thanks again for being a faithful friend and coming over this month. I'm glad the blog gremlins didn't swipe your comment. Seems like they finally got tired of pranking us. Take good care of yourself and my buddy Falcor and look for the first of my two Shady's Place Halloween posts coming up October 1. See you then, dear friend Mary!

      Delete
  6. I'm here! So busy at work and pain is severe...anyhoo, I changed the Varsity Drag number to the right one. This show sounds interesting a d it reminds me of that bride who pushed her spouse off the Cliff. It also reminds me of the great French film where the head of a school is a jerk so his wife and mistress get together to off the jerk. The remake is so-so. The Wings cover band is beyond excellent and so glad they use actual instruments. I was not a fan of the next 2 gals in the videos but Barracuda is not bad.
    I love Cara Mua and his voice is superb. The Sexy thing was ok but still prefer the original which I danced to many times.
    Beatrice is great with both songs..she has a great voice and so does Rianna with Man's World. . I think I like Torri's verson of Material girl better than Madonna's! Yikes...oh well. Glad to see you enjoying the music and the TV shows out there. Stay healthy and Trump free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Birgit!

      Thanks for joining the September fun at Shady's Place, dear friend! Dang-it, the blog gremlins chose to swipe your comment this month instead of friend Mary's. I just now found it in my spam folder! Sorry to learn that you are in severe pain again this week. I hope the pain subsiders soon so that you can enjoy your weekend and the change of seasons as we proceed through September.

      You didn't need to change your Wednesday post on my account, dearie, but I nevertheless thank you for going to the trouble. Shirley, it will help clear up the confusion for those of us who were desperately searching the screen for June Allyson and Peter Lawford and not finding them. I just came from your blog where I watched the grand finale of the 1947 version of Good News. What a difference in production quality between the grainy B&W 1930 Pre-Code release and the post-WWII film presented in living color. I thoroughly enjoyed June & Peter singing and dancing their way into our hearts doing the "Varsity Drag" along with some 200 extras. What an amazing job of choreography!

      Yessum, in the UK miniseries Wilderness, Liv & Will's marriage is on the rocks - (the rocks at the edge of the Grand Canyon, to be precise) - and Will's about to come down with a bad case of dropsy. :)

      Well, I'm delighted to know that you very much liked HSCC's cover of Wings. That performance by the kids from the School of Rock garnered a ton of favorable comments on YouTube. Jay Black of Jay and the Americans was indeed a top crooner. He's the guy I met in the mid 80s when he and his Americans band headlined an oldies show at a Tampa Bay venue. I served as stage manager for the event and had lunch with Jay hours before the performance which included a surprise appearance by Elvira - Mistress of the Dark. I'm also excited that you appreciate Romanian singing queen Beatrice Florea (all three of her) and that you also give thumbs up to Rianna Rusu, another female vocalist discovered and brought to attention on YouTube by Romanian musician and producer Andrei Cerbu.

      Yessum, isn't that an exciting performance by the vivacious Torri Rossi? Posts like this one, in which I can offer a mixed bag of songs and styles by various artists, allow me to plug in favorite vids I've been saving in my draft folders for months or even years. I'm thrilled that you like her rendition of "Material Girl" better than Madonna's original. I agree that Torri's version has more pizzazz.

      Once again I thank you for making it over here in the midst of your busy schedule and at a time when you are feeling poorly. I hope you will soon feel a lot better. I think about you the entire time I am away from blogging. Please remember that. I'll return to the blog scene with my next post on October 1 and will visit you at BBC that week. Until then, take good care of yourself and my four-legged buddies Harley and Lexi, dear friend BB!

      Delete
  7. Well hey there my friend! I made it on the 2nd day. So many good cover songs here. Interestingly, we just saw Jay and the Americans sing Cara Mia at the Mountain Winery last month. It's always been one of my favorites. Reminds me of my mom.

    I had to look up the cast of Wilderness because Will looked a lot like Jake Gyllenhaal to me. I think I'll add it to my list of things to watch in the studio.

    Just to let you know, I haven't posted anything on my site in quite a while. I'm not sure if it is just that I'm running out of space there and so can't post as many pictures as I'd like or if I just have nothing scintillating to say. I may do some kind of end of the summer thing, or I may start posting on my Blogspot site again as I don't have the photo restrictions there. In any case, I appreciate the time you take to look for me. Hope you had a great summer. The upcoming elections are consuming me and I will be so grateful when November is over. Benny says hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janet!

      I'm excited and delighted to see you, dear friend! Welcome back to Shady's Place where I am currently showcasing Live And Let Die... in the Wilderness (alternate title "The Fall Guy" :)

      (BA-DUM-BUMP)

      That's right. Cheating hubby Will has lust in his heart (for his blonde bombshell co-worker), and his wife Liv is cooking up a scheme to fix his wagon. She suggests a road trip - a fun vacay on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. At first, Will was reluctant to go along with her plan, but eventually agreed to take the plunge.

      (BA-DUM-BUMP)

      2024 is, after all... a leap year.

      (BA-DUM-BUMP)

      Yessum, it is interesting that you recently caught the latest lineup of Jay And The Americans performing at your favorite concert venue. I can't help wondering if the new group was able to replicate the great sound they achieved in the 1960s when the late Jay Black was their lead crooner on "Cara Mia" and several of their other hits. I want you to know that I think about your mother (and Bill's) every time I think about you (which is often). Thanks for letting me know that I haven't been missing any of your posts, because I am determined not to let that happen. If you decide to switch back to a blogspot site, please let me know and provide the link here in a comment so that I can enter it in my blog feed. It would suit me just fine if you make the switch because I will once again be able to leave comments with ease instead of having them diverted to your spam folder.

      Yessum, Mrs. Shady and I are also consumed by the election season. The stress is taking its toll. Like you, I will be grateful when November is finally behind us and we can turn our attention to holiday decorating and "peace on earth." I hope that is still possible by then.

      Hello to my good buddy Benny! I see him dancing over by the window, which means you need to take him out to tinkle. :) Please take good care of yourself and your lovely family until we meet again, and please remember to share the link if you come back to Blogger.com. My next post will start running October 1 and I hope we can reconnect that week. Thanks again for your kind visit and comment, dear friend Janet!

      Delete
  8. My favorite cover is Beatrice Florea's version of the Bee Gees "Emotion". My favorite original that I've heard before is Jay and the American's "Cara Mia". My favorite original that I'm hearing for the first time is Sugarbabe's "Push the Button". And finally, my favorite video (where it's the combination of music and imagery as opposed to just the music) is Clock's cover of Hot Chocolate's "U Sexy Thing".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kirk!

      Thanks for coming, good buddy!

      I'm pleased that you singled out Romanian thrush Beatrice Florea and her clone trio "The Bea-Three" for their capable cover of "Emotion." I am also happy that you gave a favorable nod to Jay (Black) And The Americans doing "Cara Mia," which means "my beloved" in Italian. Jay And The Americans achieved a top 5 hit with the song in the summer of 1965. Turns out, their version is also a cover. The original was waxed eleven years earlier in 1954 by English singer David Whitfield. David's platter topped the chart in the UK and reached the top 10 stateside. The English girl group Sugababes sizzle on "Push The Button." Released in the fall of 2005, the single shot to #1 in the UK, Ireland, Austria and New Zealand and went top 3 in several other European countries. It's a mystery to me why the record was not released in the U.S. Shirley, it would have become a substantial hit here as well. You can't beat Clock for combining a great cover with groovy visuals. The British dance-pop group of the 1990s had a string of hits in the UK, Australia, Ireland and other Euro countries recording covers but, here again, their records were not released in the U.S. That's a doggone shame. Shady sez its time for the world to give Clock a big hand.

      Thanks again for your visit and comment, good buddy Kirk. I'll be back with a new post on October 1 and hope to see you then!

      Delete
  9. Happy weekend, Shady! I don't watch a lot of tv so this show wasn't on my radar at all. My husband and I have been rewatching all of Criminal Minds, though, and have just about caught up to the newest season.

    I think my favorite covers were Barracuda and It's a Man's World.

    I hope all is going well for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ashton!

      Thanks for being here for my September post - a review, Shady style, of the British dark comedy/thriller miniseries Wilderness. It's a hoot!

      You'll need to let me know if Criminal Minds: Evolution, the newest version of the long-running crime drama series, is worth watching. As you might have noticed, a picture of "Baby Girl" (Penelope Garcia), appears in my right sidebar along with an image of Shemar Moore as Malcolm Winters (from The Young And The Restless) before he was better known as Derek Morgan. Penelope hosts the Shady's Place series Baby Girl's Wax Whirl, and "Malcolm" hosts the SPMM series Junk In The Trunk.

      Thanks for singling out the exciting Heart cover by School of Rock. It's one of the channel's most popular performances. Andrea Cerbu's Romanian band camp is cranking out YouTube singing stars right and left, including Rianna Rusu who recorded a cover of "Man's World" that I think is a new classic in its own right.

      Thanks again for joining the September party, dear friend Ashton. Take good care care of yourself and little Alexis and look for my next offering on October 1. Hope to see you then!

      Delete
  10. Hi Shady,

    I've returned to the blogosphere after taking a summer vacation. Since I have summer SAD, I needed to take some me time, and especially since it was a very hot summer. I'm looking forward to winter.

    As I'm returning, I loved this post and I loved all of the covers. You have me grooving before I'm off to bed.

    Have a great evening, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

I wanna know
What you're thinking
There are some things you can't hide
I wanna know
What you're feeling
Tell me what's on your mind