INSPIRED BY THE SHADY DELL, YORK, PA, AND DEDICATED TO ITS OWNERS JOHN & HELEN ETTLINE
AND TO MARGARET ELIZABETH BROWN SCHNEIDER, NICKNAMED "THE OLDEST LIVING DELL RAT"


Monday, June 19, 2023

  B R E A K I N G   N E W S !  


 I know I must sound... 





  ... but I need to take another blogging break. 

 (audible gasps heard on other side of screen) 





























 This time, it's a much longer hiatus... 

 a real record breaker




 Yessum, Mrs. Shady and I are packing our bags 

  and moving for a record breaking 100th time.  



 And this time... we aren't simply  

  moving across town or across the state.  

  We are moving to an entirely different region... 

  a faraway land where it snows in winter. 

  Are we heading far to the north of Florida? 




  Or far to the south? I ain't sayin'.  




  As you might expect, we have  

  a tremendous amount of work  

 ahead of us as we prepare for  

  the move, make the move and 

 get settled at our new location. 


Shady              Mrs. Shady


 Shirley, you can understand that the process 

 will take months and require practically 

 all of my time, attention and energy. 


 When I return to blogging later this year... 

 I look forward to picking up where I left off... 

 renewing our friendship and doing my best 

 to entertain you here at Shady's Place. 



 Thanks for understanding, dear friend. 

 Until I reopen for beeswax and come  

 to you from my new headquarters... 




 take good care of yourself and my  

  buddy (insert your dog's name). 


Shady Del Knight
(pictured above as "Shady Seaweed"
America's Oldest Living Toddler)

10 comments:

  1. Tom,

    I'll be waiting for your return edition, dear friend! Try to have fun with this big adventure. I'm so excited for you and Mrs. Shady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shady,

    Good luck with the move! Try to have some fun and I'm excited for both you and the Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you won't see this until later but good luck with your move and I hope you have tons of long johns to keep you both warm after living in the warmth of Winter down south! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s Birgit and I am going to miss you while you move house and home to a completely different state. Harley says Woof and hopes that once you are settled in, he might hear the pitter patter of 4 little paws soon after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really good depiction of you and Mrs. Shady, I think. Lol! Moving can be stressful and time-consuming so take all the break you need. I hope you settle just fine in your new place. And that winter treats you kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shady, moving is a ton of work. I pray all goes smoothly with your move and you love your new home. My daughters just moved to a town very close to me and I am extremely happy about it. It was a big chore for them too. God bless you and Kathy and may your future days be bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll be here when you get back. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the move, friend! Moving in the summer is sticky business, especially in our part of the world. Stay hydrated and take lots of cool-down breaks...or better yet, hire movers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all goes smoothly with the move. (To Wyoming?) We'll miss you and look forward to when you return to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete

I wanna know
What you're thinking
There are some things you can't hide
I wanna know
What you're feeling
Tell me what's on your mind