INSPIRED BY THE SHADY DELL, YORK, PA, AND DEDICATED TO ITS OWNERS JOHN & HELEN ETTLINE
AND TO MARGARET ELIZABETH BROWN SCHNEIDER, NICKNAMED "THE OLDEST LIVING DELL RAT"


Friday, July 15, 2022

Millions Saddened by Temporary Closing of Walley World!




Sorry folks, park's closed.


Moose out front shoulda told ya.




Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Oh my goodness, give me a moment
to catch my breath. Hello, folks...
I'm Shady Del Knight. If you're
like me, your sides are splitting
right about now as you recall the
misadventures of Clark Griswold
and his clan in the comedy classic 
Gone With the Wind
National Lampoon's
Vacation.


Reminding you of that particularly hilarious scene in the movie
is my way of letting you know that, effective immediately,
I am taking another break from blogging.





I urge you to remain calm.
Please don't run through the
streets in panic. Shady's Place
is not really "closing." Your
home away from home will
remain open 24-7 just as it
has for the last 57 years.

The only difference is that
I will not be here on the blog
circuit to publish new posts,
visit your blog and leave
comments. You see...
  Mrs. Shady and I
will be vacationing
the next nine days.

I hope to return to blogging
on Sunday, July 24. So, till
then, dear friend... till we
meet again, dear friend...
take good care of yourself
and my buddy/sweetheart
 (fill in your dog's name).
See you on the 24th!

WHEN I RETURN... YOU'LL JUMP FOR JOY!

Have a Shady day!

16 comments:

  1. How fun! Enjoy your vacation, Shady. My summer officially ends next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, dear friends Ashton & Alexis. I just got back and I'm ready to resume full time blogging tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Pat and I wish you and Mrs. Shady a safe, happy holiday! -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kelly & Pat! Thank you very much for stopping in to see me off. We had a great time and now I'm back and ready to resume blogging. Have a great week, dear friend!

      Delete
  3. Vacation, all I ever wanted...vacation had to get away! Have a safe and fun trip Mr. and Mrs. Shady! In the mean time I'll keep singing...vacation, all I ever wanted.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend YaYa! As usual, you took my theme and ran with it. Yessum, we did have a safe and happy trip in spite of a 12 hour delay in our return plane flight! It meant that we were up all night last night and now we're "jet lagged" but happy to be home. Have a super week!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi, Mary and buddy Falcor!

      Thanks for the positive thoughts as I began my vacay eight days ago. It's over now and I'll be coming by to see you soon. Have a wonderful week, dear friend!

      Delete
  5. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet (and buddy Benny)!

      Yessum, we had a great time, but the extreme Florida heat followed us up north in our travels. We're glad to be home and getting settled in. Thanks again for dropping in, dear friend Janet!

      Delete
  6. Okie dokie, my friend! I hope you and Mrs. Shady have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy!

      Thank you very much for taking a look at my Walley World feature announcing the start of my vacation. We had a wonderful time traveling up to the mid-Atlantic region, but the heat went right along with us. Our daily sight-seeing tours involved lots of walking, and the heat was hard to take. We're glad to be home with our kitty Bootsie-Wootsie. He's happy, too! have a splendid week, dear friend Cathy!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi, Kirk!

      Thanks, good buddy! At least once a year, I need a hiatus at which time I promise Mrs. Shady that I will avoid all social media. This trip we took up to the mid-Atlantic region was one such occasion. Honestly, it was refreshing to unplug for eight days. I'll be resuming my full-time blog schedule beginning tomorrow. Thanks again and have a great week, good buddy Kirk!

      Delete
  8. Haven't been here on blogger for a long time. I almost feel guilty, but not really :) Anyway, friend Shady ... Two major things happened in the meantime. Firstly: On 07/07 my granddaughter arrived, weighing in at 8lbs 8oz :) And secondly, we finished the shell of our yurt. I can hope, you can open the link. Sending love, cat.https://youtu.be/7wdw1JfW46o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, cat!

      I'm excited to see you, dear friend! Thanks for swinging by to say hello and update me on major events unfolding on your side of the screen. Congratulations on the arrival of your granddaughter! What a blessing! Yessum, you have been telling me about the yurt for quite some time, and I'm happy to learn (and see) that the framework has been completed. The Y/T video opened just fine and I enjoyed looking at the yurt from all angles outside and inside. When completely finished and furnished, it will surely look neat and handsome on the outside and comfortable and surprisingly spacious on the inside, with a window and skylight. Thanks for showing me, dear friend cat! Don't be a stranger. Come see friend Shady again soon!

      LUBBINS to you and kitty Theo!

      Delete

I wanna know
What you're thinking
There are some things you can't hide
I wanna know
What you're feeling
Tell me what's on your mind