INSPIRED BY THE SHADY DELL, YORK, PA, AND DEDICATED TO ITS OWNERS JOHN & HELEN ETTLINE
AND TO MARGARET ELIZABETH BROWN SCHNEIDER, NICKNAMED "THE OLDEST LIVING DELL RAT"


Saturday, December 4, 2021

Rose-Colored Glasses with Dr. Don Rose -
Vol. 2: I Wanna Meet You, Alice Long!

60s Fashion Girl by JamesLopez @ DeviantArt

BOOTH ANNOUNCER GARY OWENS:
...and the cow was returned to its rightful owner.


And that's the latest from S-P-M-M news...
fast, up-to-the-minute, completely fake
and proud of it. Now stand by for

 ROSE-COLORED GLASSES 
 with DR. DON ROSE 

on the station that's #1 for music and fun - S-P-M-M!

CLICK TO START THE VIDEO NOW!
(COLD SHOW OPEN)


"I Wanna Meet You" - The Cryan Shames
(Dec. 1966, highest chart pos. #65 Cash Box/#85 Hot 100)

Starting us off today, the Chicago pop - garage rock band
The Cryan Shames and "I Wanna Meet You," a record
that was hot in Chi-town at Christmas 1966, but got a 
chilly reception in other parts of the country, leaving
it stranded at #85 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #65 on
  Cash Box. It's a cryan shame the record didn't catch on,
and it's a cryan shame Shady isn't paying me for this gig.
(BA-DUM-BUMP)




A Dr. Donald D. Rosey good morning to you!
I'm Dr. Don Rose from Quixie in Dixie -
WQXI Atlanta - here with my pet canary
Lulu-Belle (MOOOOO!) welcoming you
to my second fun-filled show here on
sister station S-P-M-M, bringing you
the authentic sound of top 40 radio in
the 60s. The songs I play will make
your ears smile, and the videos you'll
watch on my YouTube simulcast will
allow you to view the past thru
Rose-Colored Glasses.


Just remember, folks. Dr.Don's the real doctor
of The Shady Bunch. Those two mangy mutt
DJs, Brian Griffin and Toto Moto, think they're
doctors because they've learned how to heel. 
 (BA-DUM-BUMP)

Hey, don't be a stranger. Stick around because our
7-in-a-row commercial free cruise is just getting started.  

CLICK TO START THE VIDEO NOW!

Speaking of strangers, in 1966 Bobby Vee & The Strangers
gave us this feel good song-- "Look At Me Girl."


"Look At Me Girl" - Bobby Vee And The Strangers
(July/Aug. 1966, highest chart pos. #52 Hot 100/#67 Cash Box)

From the summer of '66, that was pop teen idol and rock & roller
Bobby Vee making the transition from heartthrob to more of an
adult oriented rock singer with "Look At Me Girl." It was the
first Bobby Vee single that also credited his studio band
The Strangers. The platter was pleasing, but petered out
before making it halfway up the chart. Maybe it coulda
climbed higher with a swig of Geritol. (MOOOOO!)


By the way, my doctor told me that jogging
could add years to my life. He was right...
I feel ten years older already.
(BA-DUM-BUMP)


If you're just tuning in, you're looking
directly into the past through Dr. Don's
Rose-Colored Goggles and listening to
my show in futuristic stereophonic sound.
I'm on assignment from Quixie in Dixie,
moonlighting as your host here on
S-P-M-M... where they put old DJs
like me out to pasture. (MOOOOO!)

We're right smack dab in the middle
of a 7-in-a-row block party... so
let's put the pedal to the metal.

CLICK TO START
THE VIDEO NOW!

You've heard of the Motown Sound. Well here's the
Sound of Allentown-- Jay And The Techniques!


"Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie" - Jay And The Techniques
(Sept./Oct. 1967, highest chart pos. #4 Cash Box/#6 Hot 100/#8 R&B,
dancers on ep. of Casey Kasem's Hollywood TV show Shebang

Apples, peaches, pumpkin pie and the Patridge Family in
a pear tree. (MOOOOO!) That was Jay Proctor and his
band The Techniques from Allentown, PA, doing their
signature song and biggest hit. Truth be told, record
producer Jerry Ross had studio musicians lay down
the instrumental backing track on that recording and
 added vocal sweetening by the soon-to-be famous
Ashford & Simpson. "Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie"
made the top 10 on the R&B chart and the top 5 on
Cash Box in the fall of 1967. The song on the flip
side, "Stronger Than Dirt," makes reference to the
early 60s ad campaign for Ajax Cleanser and
Ajax Laundry Detergent that featured an
armed knight riding a white horse. 


I'm Dr. Don, your knight in shining armor -
the clown prince of morning radio here on
S-P-M-M... the station with personality

Hey folks, speaking of ad slogans, if you've
got the time, Miller's got the beer, and if
you've got the Question Mark, I've got the
answer. This next song "Can't Get Enough
Of You Baby" was first recorded by the
Four Seasons and released on their 1966
album Working My Way Back to You
and More Great New Hits.

CLICK TO START
THE VIDEO NOW!

Here's a groovy version of the song released as a single
in the spring of '67 by the Michigan-based garage rock
band Question Mark and the Mysterians-- 
"Can't Get Enough Of You Baby!"


"Can't Get Enough Of You Baby" - ? And The Mysterians
(Apr. 1967, highest chart pos. #51 Cash Box/#56 Hot 100)

That was "Can't Get Enough Of You Baby (but I can sure
have fun tryin')(kazoo sound) by those protopunk garage
rockers from Saginaw, Question Mark & The Mysterians.
The song was also covered by Smash Mouth and
by the soul trio The Toys.



Quixie in Dixie and S-P-M-M Retro-Radio.
You've got Dr. Don Rose in your ear and I'm
 loaded with wax-- the best sounds of 60s.

CLICK TO START
THE VIDEO NOW!

Speaking of having a bug in your ear,
the minute I sign off my show each day,
my wife calls the studio and complains
about things I said on the air and things
I should have said. Here with a report
on the state of my marriage are--
The Grass Roots!


"Things I Should Have Said" - The Grass Roots
(Aug./Sept. 1967, highest chart pos. #23 Hot 100/#36 Cash Box)

From West Coast record exec Lou Adler and the fine songwriting
duo P. F. Sloan and Steve Barri, those were The Grass Roots,
a folk rock and psychedelic pop band founded by Sloan
and Barri, with "Things I Should Have Said," a single
that made a run at the top 20 at the tail end
of The Summer of Love - 1967. 




Dr. Donald D. Rose keeping you company
in the A-M on S-P-M-M... your prescription
 for music and fun, and folks, I've got a
problem. I wake up every day stiff in all
the wrong places. (BA-DUM-BUMP) 
It got so bad Mrs. Rose demanded I see 
a chiropractor. I was wrong to think he
couldn't help me.  I stand corrected.
(BA-DUM-BUMP). All it took was a
period of adjustment. (BA-DUM-BUMP) 

CLICK TO START
THE VIDEO NOW!

In 1968 Al Wilson scored a top 30 hit with "The Snake,"
released on Johnny Rivers' Soul City Records. Two years
earlier, in '66, Johnny himself performed the song for a
TV audience at The Hollywood Palace!


"The Snake" - Johnny Rivers
(live perf. May 7, 1966, on The Hollywood Palace,
from 2004 album Reinvention Highway)

With go-go dancers wiggling and jiggling behind him, that was
Johnny Rivers in the spring of 1966 appearing on the TV show
The Hollywood Palace and performing his great rendition of
"The Snake." The song was written and first recorded by
civil-rights activist Oscar Brown in 1963. By the way,
that episode of The Hollywood Palace was
hosted by Judy Garland.



Shucks, I'm all out of time, folks, and
Gary Owens is waving me off. Thanks
for tuning in and letting me put some
corn in your morn. I hope you had
fun peering into the past through my
Rose-Colored Glasses and reliving
the salad days of your youth. I'm
a meat 'n' potatoes man myself.
(MOOOOO!Hey, stick around.
Coming up on the flip side of
Gary Owens' news, my good
friend Dell Rat Tom will
be here to play another
stack of Shady Dell
Jukebox Giants.

CLICK TO START THE VIDEO NOW!

And I'll be back soon with another pile of platters for a Rosey
good morning. To play us off, Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart
with "you're still my favorite girlfriend, Alice... but not for long."
(BICYCLE HORN) Now this is Dr. Don Rose reminding you
 that one pill makes you larger. Go ask Alice. (KAZOO SOUND) 
Say goodbye, Lulu-Belle (MOOOOO!) So long, folks!


"Alice Long (You're Still My Favorite Girlfriend)"
Tommy Boyce And Bobby Hart (Aug. 1968,
highest chart pos. #16 Cash Box/#27 Hot 100)

Hippie Chick by JoanneBarby @ DeviantArt

24 comments:

  1. I'm glad I at least recognized many of the performers since I don't think I knew a single song! I thought I was going to know the number by ? (Question Mark) & the Mysterians when it began, but it didn't turn out to be what I thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kelly!

      How are you, dear friend? Thanks for hustling over to take the Early Bird prize!

      I'm pleased to have you here for the second show of Dr. Don Rose, one of my favorite top 40 DJs. I'm delighted that Don's lineup consists of seven songs that are new to your ears. For my purposes, that's a perfect outcome, because I think everybody gets tired of hearing the same old familiar hits all the time.

      Thanks again for tuning in to Don's show. Say "woof" to my good buddy Pat for me and enjoy your weekend, dear friend Kelly!

      Delete
  2. All just a bit before I got into music.
    They still make Ajax, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alex!

      Thanks for popping in and taking second place, good buddy!

      Interesting question for a music post. :) Yes, Ajax is still being manufactured by Colgate-Palmolive. That B side with the title "Stronger Than Dirt" and reference in the lyrics to the white knight in the Ajax commercial is available on YouTube if you're interested. I played that song almost as often as "Apples, Peaches..."

      http://images.45cat.com/jay-and-the-techniques-apples-peaches-pumpkin-pie-1967-8.jpg

      Thanks again for dropping in, good buddy Alex!

      Delete
  3. Good Saturday afternoon Shady! I knew many of the artists but not all the songs. Thanks for featuring a Chi-town group though! I was 13 in 66 and just really getting into listening to other music other than the fab four. I must say that the dancers on the one video...Bobby Vee...needed some more lessons although I applaud their wardrobe choices! The guys looked dressed for the 60's but the gals could be today! Anywhoo...also loved the little Chiro cracks! Ha..see what I did there? Have a great weekend and thanks for your so thoughtful comment on my last post. You're a dear person! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, YaYa!

      Thanks for coming by on your Saturday, dear friend! You're the third to cross the finish line in the race to Shady's Place!

      I'm excited that you singled out The Cryan Shames of Chicago. They were huge in that local market but, for some reason, their records didn't sell well enough in other parts of the country to become hits on the national Billboard chart. Their records were big in Central PA, that I assure you, and I was very happy to find this video with nicely remastered stereo sound of "I Wanna Meet You," a biggie at Christmas 1966. Can you hear the sleigh bells that play during the song?

      Yessum, that is a very mysterious video for Bobby Vee's song, but it has better sound quality than others I found on YouTube, plus it shows those unknown teenage dancers. (I'm pretty sure that footage didn't come from an episode of American Bandstand. :) From what I gather, the uploader is in the UK, because the record label displayed in the vid is a UK pressing. I'm thinking those kids might be UK teens learning the dance steps performed in the Northern Soul clubs of mid and northern England. If not, then it is footage borrowed from someplace else and dubbed over the song for the purpose of the video. I have no ideal who the Asian girl is, the one who appears like a phantom at the beginning and end of the production.

      I'm glad you appreciate Dr. Don's "crack" about his chiropractor. :) Make sure Jack sees it. :) I love your sense of humor and the fact that you are willing to play with me when you are not burdened with family matters. In other words, it's great to find you in good spirits. If you think I'm a dear person, then all I can say is "thank you" and "takes one to know one." :)

      (next)

      Delete
  4. Just me again. I wanted to tell you how sorry I was for your loss this year. It's been a difficult time for many this holiday season. Hugs to your family. Also, the drawing at the end of your post had me smiling because many of the flower children/hippie kids I knew in the 60's didn't look so sweet..and clean! You get the picture! Bye again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet YaYa! Losses of this kind always hurt more around the holidays. I think about my lost loved one every day and will certainly miss her annual Christmas card and phone call from York.

      Yessum, that is an idealized, romanticized image of a "Hippie Chick." I know what you're saying and agree. :)

      Thanks again for your kind visit and wonderful comments, dear friend YaYa, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  5. Well this time around I only recognized Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie by Jay And The Techniques. I didn't even know that I knew that one until it started playing because I didn't recognize the song or artist.

    I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary!

      Thanks for coming to the second SPMM platter party hosted by Dr. Don Rose, one of my favorite top 40 DJs of the 60s.

      I'm delighted that you recognize the signature song of Jay And The Techniques, "Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie." The record was big in Central PA and big at the Shady Dell. I'll bet you remember DJ and radio personality Casey Kasem, long time host of the syndicated countdown shows American Top 40 and Casey's Top 40. That rare clip I posted was from an episode of Casey's 1960s American Bandstand style TV music show Shebang.

      Thanks again for joining the fun, dear friend Mary. I wish you a lovely week as well!

      Delete
  6. Hey there Shady! I just got back from getting our Christmas tree and I was at a craft show all day so I finally have a minute to catch up on posts. I recognized ? and the Mysterians but I thought the song was 96 Tears. Like Kelly I at least knew most of the groups. I did remember Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie but wouldn't have been able to name the group. Crossing fingers our Benny doesn't decide to start using the Christmas tree as his personal bathroom - LOL. Hope you have a wonderful week my friend.
    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janet!

      Thanks for tuning in and letting Dr. Don Rose put some corn in your morn, dear friend! I appreciate you making time for a visit at the end of your busy day finding a Yule tree and displaying your items at the craft show.

      Propopunk garage band ? (Question Mark) And The Mysterians had a distinctive sound. Given the success of "96 Tears," it's easy to see why they didn't want to stray far from that formula in subsequent releases. "Can't Get Enough Of You Baby" was first recorded by The 4 Seasons and was also waxed during my teenage years by The Toys, but the version I remember best if this one by The Mysterians. It was big in my region.

      The story behind "Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie" is interesting. Side A refers to the children's game "Hide & Seek," while the B side, "Stronger Than Dirt," contains that ad slogan for Ajax cleanser plus a reference to the white knight used in TV commercials for the product. Jay And The Techniques were a real Allentown-based band, but record producer Jerry Ross substituted session musicians for Techniques band members on this and all their other recordings. He also sweetened Jay Proctor's lead vocals with backing by the soon to be famous singing/songwriting team of Ashford & Simpson. Therefore the record is actually a studio concoction, and really not Jay And The Techniques as advertised. As I mentioned to Mary above, I'm sure you remember Casey Kasem and his American Top 40 countdown syndicated radio show. That rare clip of the studio dancers is lifted from Casey's music TV show Shebang.

      Awww... bless your pooch for wanting to keep your tree fresh by watering it regularly and adding his special "Benny nutrients." :)

      Thanks again for coming by, dear friend Janet, and enjoy your week out there in the Bay area!

      Delete
  7. This got better as it went along. In fact, my favorite came right at the end. Shady, I'm sure you know Boyce's and Hart's connection to the Monkees. They wrote their theme song and "Last Train to Clarksville". Then, in the early 1970s, after Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork both left the group, Boyce and Hart took their places, though they weren't allowed to tour or record as the Monkees. Instead the group became Dolenz, Jones, Boyce, and Hart for a number of years. That video you show has a Monkees-like wackiness to it, with the punchline that Alice Long is now an elderly woman.

    My second favorite was the second-to-last, the Johnny Rivers song. Though I must say I was taken aback by River's appearance, as if someone had transplanted Mick Jagger's mouth on George Hamilton-as-Hank Williams' face. Nothing wrong with that, just sayin'.

    I can't say quite why, but there's an eerie, voyeuristic feeling to those clips of the Asian girl in the Bobby Vee video. I don't know what she's supposed to be, but I don't think she's a groupie.

    That's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kirk!

      Thanks for being here for vol. 2 of Dr. Donald D. Rose's Rose-Colored Glasses, good buddy!

      I also thank you for filling readers in on the importance of Boyce & Hart in pop music history and their contributions to the success of The Monkees. The old lady whizzing around town on her motorcycle in their "Alice Long" video is obviously a reference to Jan & Dean's "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" who, in the song, routinely drag raced on the streets of LA in her "brand new, shiny red, super stock Dodge." Yes, that Boyce & Hart video looks a lot like the promo clips created for Monkees songs.

      Yes, good eye, I admit that Johnny Rivers' face looks weird in that performance of "The Snake" on Hollywood Palace. Until recently, the hit version by Al Wilson was the only one I ever heard. Johnny Rivers has a knack of making every song his own. I love him. I hate that my memories of the song were tarnished in 2016 when Trump read the lyrics at his rallies as part of his anti-immigration platform.

      Yes, as I mentioned in an earlier reply, that young Asian girl appearing for brief seconds in the homemade video for the Bobby Vee song is a mystery and a bit disconcerting. That uploader uses Asian girls in a similar manner in just about all of his or her uploads. It's bizarre.

      Thanks again for coming to the platter party, good buddy Kirk. Have a super week!

      Delete
  8. Tom,

    Good Monday morning to you, my friend. It probably won't come as no surprised that nearly all of your songs and most of the artists are new-to-me. The only song title, I knew in today's line-up is "Apples, Peaches, and Pumpkin Pie" but I'm not sure that I remember the tune from the 60s as I do from my start in Blogosphere. This platform has opened my musical world quite a bit over the years. I thought for sure I would recognize Johnny River's "The Snake" but it didn't ring any bells but I sure did enjoy listening to him. He really had a nice sound. Thanks for the introduction and for dropping by to join me on the 4M dance floor. Have a boogietastic week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy!

      I'm delighted to see you, dear friend! Thanks for joining the fun as Dr. Don presents volume 2 of his SPMM radio show Rose-Colored Glasses.

      Yessum, given your age, considerably younger than Shady, and the fact that 5 out of the 7 songs in this show are low-charting minor hits rather than major hits, it doesn't surprise me that you don't recognize most of them. I can tell you that even the minor hits were biggies in my neck of the woods, and I still have in my personal collection the original 45s with "I Wanna Meet You," "Apples, Peaches..." and "Can't Get Enough Of You Baby."

      I love everything Johnny Rivers sings. His vocals are soulful, down to earth, sincere and straight from the heart. He's one of my favorite artists of any genre or time period. "The Snake" by Al Wilson was a big hit in my region, hot on the radio during my courtship with the future Mrs. Shady #1. As I've been informing other friends, the teenage couples in that clip for "Apples, Peaches" were "dancing on air" on Casey Kasem's 1960s Bandstand-style mewsic TV show Shebang.

      Thanks again for making time for a visit and for your kind comment, dear friend Cathy. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
    2. Tom,

      I always get Johnny Rivers mixed up with someone else so every time I forget how good he is until I listen to his music. Had I been a teenager in 60s like you, then I'm sure I would've had a crush on this singer. He has a fabulous voice and handsome. :) I think I need to spend time at YouTube educating myself on more of Rivers' tunes but...I think I'll have to wait until after Christmas. Thanks for stopping by my niche for today's Christmas song while reading my Tuesday4 responses and getting the latest scoop on my Dec. 1st BOTB, my friend. Have a terrific Tuesday!

      Delete
    3. Hi, Cathy!

      Thanks for popping back over, dear friend!

      Yessum, Johnny Rivers gave us a wealth of great recordings in the 60s and beyond. Seek and ye shall find many of his songs to your liking. My cousin Bill is the one who originally turned me on to the mewsic of Johnny Rivers. When I visited Bill's house, he played three of Johnny's albums that were recorded live at the Whisky A Go-Go nightclub in Hollywood. I was won over by Johnny's more than capable covers of hits by other artists. Johnny went on to prove himself as a songwriter and had major hits with his own compositions. Maybe Santa will bring you a Johnny Rivers Greatest Hits CD. :)

      Thanks again for dropping by, dear friend Cathy. Have a fine day and I'll see you tamale!

      Delete
    4. Tom,

      A Johnny Rivers Greatest Hits CD would be an awesome present from Santa. I wonder if it's too late to make the request? lol Thanks for popping by to explain why you were late to visit. Don't give things like that a second thought. I understand. I hate it when our Internet goes down. Thankfully, it doesn't happen too often. *knock on wood* It's a wee bit chilly here today but the sun is out and that's nice. Get this, we might see flurries Sunday morning!

      Delete
    5. Hi, Cathy!

      Thanks so much for swinging back over, dear friend! I hope Santa follows Shady's Place and sees your request for the Johnny Rivers CD. :)

      Yessum, I hate getting such a late start. I don't like to rush through friends' blogs or hurry my comments. Today was one of those days.

      Shucks, it's so warm here today that we are back to running the air conditioner. I hope you'll send your chilly air down our way. I enjoy when the temp matches the season. Flurries in Florida would be a delightful Christmas surprise! :)

      Thanks again, dear friend Cathy. I'll see you tamale at CAAC!

      Delete
  9. I did not know of the first 2 songs but I liked how these Golly Gee school kids were trying to dance on the beat...but kind of missed it. kudos for trying. I love the 3rd song which I know quite well as well as the next one. My brother remembers the Hollywood palace and liked watching it when he was little but I don't recall seeing any of that show. I wish they would bring that back. Johnny Rivers is always good to listen to. Boyce & Hart were fun to watch and must have been inspired by the Monkees who were inspired by the Beatles from their movies. I remember them well when they appeared on Bewitched. Serena needed a great group to entertain al;l the witches and warlocks at some ball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Birgit!

      I'm thrilled to see you, dear friend! How are you today? Thanks a lot for dropping in!

      Regarding that strange Bobby Vee video that features creepy cameo appearances by a mysterious Asian girl, I have a sneaking suspicion that the uploader, presumably in the UK, simply created a homemade "hybrid" video using the original studio audio recording and "marrying" it to found footage of teenagers dancing. He or she probably did their best to sync the dance steps to the beat with less than ideal results.

      I'm glad you recognized a couple of the songs on Dr. Don's play list and that you enjoyed the Johnny Rivers performance on Hollywood Palace. I am seeing more and more videos from that show turning up on YouTube.

      Yessum, Boyce & Hart wrote hits for The Monkees and performed Monkees style antics in the video for one of their own hits - "Alice Long." Good point that The Monkees were in some respects America's answer to The Beatles. I vaguely remember The Monkees performing on Bewitched. I'll bet Uncle Arthur dug the boys. :)

      Thanks again for tuning in vol. 2 of Dr. Don Rose's radio show Rose-Colored Glasses, dear friend BB. Take care, rest up, and I'll see you at BBC later in the week!

      Delete
  10. Hi dear friend,

    You've got the good vibes going again and this is the perfect playlist to carry me into the new week from an awesome weekend.

    Your intro makes me giggle a little bit. These songs are all new to me, although I am familiar with ? and the Mysterians, I've only heard "96 Tears." I love their style and I really liked "Can't Get Enough of You Baby" as much as I liked "96 Tears."

    I've heard of Bobby Vee too and I might have heard this song, but it really is a feel good tune. This whole playlist has been. I think I'm going to give it another listen to tomorrow.

    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jessica Marie!

      Welcome back to Shady's Place and the second SPMM radio show of Dr. Don Rose. I'm thinking your dad might remember Don as a DJ on WFIL Philadelphia from 1968 to 1973, and also as the host of a kids show on WKBS-TV 48 in Philly. I remember Don's voice on KBS-48 doing the announcing on the Speed Racer cartoon series weekdays in the late afternoon.

      Yessum, other readers were under the impression they were listening to "96 Tears," but "Can't Get Enough" was one of several other hits, albeit relatively minor ones, racked up by the Michigan proto-punk garage band ? (Question Mark) And The Mysterians. "Can't Get Enough" was a biggie over in Central PA and I'm sure in Eastern PA as well. Your dad might remember the song.

      I'm pleased that you like crooner Bobby Vee's feel good ditty. Yessum, run through these tunes tamale or whenever your spirits need a boost. Don's tuneage will have you viewing life through Rose-Colored Glasses.

      Thanks again for coming by and enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend JM!

      Delete

I wanna know
What you're thinking
There are some things you can't hide
I wanna know
What you're feeling
Tell me what's on your mind